aMule Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We're back! (IN POG FORM)

Author Topic: amulecmd cannot cancel downloads  (Read 1276 times)

geek.de.nz

amulecmd cannot cancel downloads
« on: August 10, 2006, 01:25:20 PM »

Hi,

I've had this issue for quite some time now. I'm using amuled on a remote machine and have to use amulecmd to control it because amuleweb keeps crashing (not enough memory?).

The machine is a vserver and runs a custon version of Debian Sarge 3.1 with kernel 2.6.8-022stab078.1-enterprise.

The problem is, that I cannot cancel downloads. This is really annoying. Every time I want to cancel a download (often because I sometimes download multiple copies to be sure I get what I want), I have to stop the server (amulecmd -c "shutdown"), delete the corresponding temp files from ~/.aMule/Temp which I first have to find out with 'grep *.met'.

This process is very tedious and annoying. Sure, I can write a script that automates this, but everytime I do this, the downloads get reinitialised. Isn't there a better way?

I tried to use the 'cancel' option, but always get the following:
Code: [Select]
aMulecmd$ cancel 5300431173FBBFCC20EC2010F2194DFD
Not a valid hash (length should be exactly 32 chars)
or
Code: [Select]
aMulecmd$ cancel 5300431173FBBFCC20EC2010F2194DF
Not a valid number
for the file with hash 5300431173FBBFCC20EC2010F2194DFD.

Any ideas? To me this looks like a bug, but I don't have the time to get into the source right now.

I searched the web thoroughly for this issue, but found nothing. If anyone has an idea PLEASE! ...
cheers,
geek.de.nz

Kry

• Ex-developer
  • Retired admin
Re: amulecmd cannot cancel downloads
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2006, 02:32:05 PM »

Update.