aMule Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We're back! (IN POG FORM)

Author Topic: Mac-prob  (Read 10196 times)

Abaddon

• Approved Newbie
Mac-prob
« on: September 16, 2005, 04:31:03 AM »

HELP!

My aMule 2.0.3 run now for a long time. But since a week or so i can't get any File. I tried Mozilla, Netscape, Safari, ...
Befor my "Problem has startet" i used Netscape, this was the only Browser that worked on my Mac. But now it works no more.

Pleas help me fast!  :baby:

lionel77

• Provider of Mac builds, Forum Mod
  • Mac OS X 10.4 (Power Mac G5)
Re: Problems with ed2k link handler
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2005, 07:10:01 AM »

Abaddon, please don't post your question at three different places on the forum -- I've deleted the other two threads you have created.

Concerning your problem, I have to admit that I never use the ed2k helper app, so I don't really have much experience with it. But have you tried redoing the steps that Ken has described earlier in this thread? Maybe that already fixes your problem. If not, Ken probably has some ideas on how to troubleshoot.

For now as a workaround, you can add ed2k-links the way I do: just right-click (control-click if you have a one button mouse) the link and copy it to the clipboard. Then switch to amule and paste it in the 'ED2K Link Handler" field at the bottom of the search window and click 'commit'. Just make sure that the window is wider than the link you pasted (if you move the amule window out of the left side of the screen you can make it wider than your screen). Otherwise you'll get a message like "Invalid ed2k-link" or so.

I usually copy all ed2k links into a text file, so I can keep track of all the files I've downloaded. Btw, you can also copy'n'paste multiple links into amule in one step. I often add 5-10 links this way.
Current aMule CVS builds for OS X can be found here.

etece

• Approved Newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2005, 07:13:11 AM »

I have the same problem, since yesterdey, amule donĀ“t works with the ed2k links.

etece

• Approved Newbie
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2005, 08:19:26 PM »

Console.app show this when click an ed2k link: 2005-12-13 20:35:33.168 System Events[1396] No Info.plist file in application bundle or no NSPrincipalClass in the Info.plist file, exiting

etece

• Approved Newbie
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2005, 11:20:51 PM »

Please!! Anybody can help??

lionel77

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2005, 03:13:52 AM »

I'll try to grab ken the next time I see him and ask him about this issue. :)

EDIT:
I just tried it on my 10.3 machine and the helper app works without problems.

Can you tell us which browser you are using? It seems like it is not Safari, because in Safari you can't click on an ed2k link, instead you have to drag it into the address bar.

etece

• Approved Newbie
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2005, 06:55:06 AM »

I know about the safari isue, but I've been tried with camino, firefox and safari.
And the browser ask me to open the ed2khelper app (and I say yes... :P), but nothin happens.
Thanks.

ken

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2005, 08:15:46 PM »

I suspect it's a recent OS update.  Did you just install a Security Update or something?

etece

• Approved Newbie
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2005, 12:29:42 AM »

mmmmm... no. It can be the mantenience scripts of onyx? It's the only thing that I suspect of.

ken

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2005, 06:44:03 PM »

I'm not sure what the problem might be.  You might try trashing the aMule application and downloading it again.  That might help.

etece

• Approved Newbie
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2005, 10:40:35 PM »

Ok, I trashed the app and download it again, but everything keeps the same.
With the same message at the console.app: System Events[1396] No Info.plist file in application bundle or no NSPrincipalClass in the Info.plist file, exiting

lionel77

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2006, 10:18:23 PM »

I just tried importing a link through Safari on a 10.4.3 machine with all updates installed and it worked fine. So it doesn't seem like a system or security update broke the link handler script.

mr.z

ed2k???
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2006, 11:39:18 AM »

Hello,

I'm a new user of amule on Mac OsX and i really don't understand how to use it. I don't know what ia a ed2k-link and how to put it to make amule work. Anybody can help me?

Thanks
Z

lionel77

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2006, 06:51:14 AM »

An ed2k link is something like this:
http://ed2k://|file|aMule-2.1.0-Mac.zip|5533466|240457475B2AA12E2969B5E435C32E23|/|h=4K6LY3ONCCJHF7KA6QYO7UQQCLCRQQJ4|/

The Readme.Mac.txt file that comes with aMule contains information on how to handle ed2k links and to download files in general:
Handling ed2k-Links on the Mac:
-------------------------------
There are basically four ways to download files with aMule:

(1) Search for files using aMule's search dialog and double click those search results that you want to download.

(2) Copy ed2k-links from a web page into the "ED2K-Link Handler" field at the bottom of the search window of aMule and press the commit button. If the ed2k-link is longer than that text field is wide you need to make the aMule window wider until the link fits completely into the field (you can make the aMule window wider than your screen if necessary). We are working on eliminating this issue.

(3) Import ed2k-links directly from your browser into aMule. See http://forum.amule.org/thread.php?threadid=5679 for more details.

(4) Use a text editor (e.g. TextEdit) to paste ed2k-links into a "ED2Links" file inside "~/Library/Application Support/aMule/" and aMule will automatically import the links.