aMule Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We're back! (IN POG FORM)

Author Topic: Crash for certain users  (Read 2576 times)

queueare

Crash for certain users
« on: December 16, 2011, 02:36:52 PM »

Hi,

I have two users on my Mac.  For one, aMule runs fine, for the other it crashes immediately after starting.  I've removed the ~/Library/Application Support/aMule folder and seen it get recreated several time, but it always crashes immediately upon startup for that user.

What other differences are there between users that would cause one to crash and the other not?  (The aMule app is in the Applications directory).

Stu Redman

• Administrator
  • Engines screaming
Re: Crash for certain users
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2011, 08:55:04 PM »

What version of aMule?
The image of mother goddess, lying dormant in the eyes of the dead, the sheaf of the corn is broken, end the harvest, throw the dead on the pyre -- Iron Maiden, Isle of Avalon

queueare

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2011, 05:32:22 PM »

The latest, 2.3.1 I think it is.  But it started happening before that when I was on 2.6 and I upgraded just because I thought it might clear up that way.  It didn't.

Stu Redman

• Administrator
  • Engines screaming
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2011, 05:28:43 PM »

What other differences are there between users that would cause one to crash and the other not?
I was thinking of links queued for download where we had a crashbug plaguing Mac users in 2.2, but that's fixed in 2.3.1 .
The image of mother goddess, lying dormant in the eyes of the dead, the sheaf of the corn is broken, end the harvest, throw the dead on the pyre -- Iron Maiden, Isle of Avalon

queueare

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2011, 08:50:13 PM »

Thanks, Stu.  I guess I'm just still looking for a difference between users, though, right?