aMule Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We're back! (IN POG FORM)

Author Topic: Download Speeds?  (Read 2150 times)

bograt

• Approved Newbie
Download Speeds?
« on: February 18, 2005, 09:02:30 PM »

Just wondered

I have installed amule and cofigured to Download 0 ( I assume this is unlimited? and upload 10

I have a 1mg BB conection but the highest download rate i've had up to now is around 7 kb however using edonkey on M$ I get around 40 +

So why is it so low with amule.

And what are other users experiences? I'm just interested because I was led to believe that the download speeds using a Linux distro was far better than M$.

This is not a thread of pro's and con's but to assess others experiences.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2005, 09:03:26 PM by bograt »
I konw i'm tcihk but at laset I amdit it!!!!!!!!

pestekkorna

• Approved Newbie
  • ho 29 anni e vivo a napoli
RE: Download Speeds?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2005, 06:47:36 PM »

I'm experiencing the same problem...
on windows I usually dowload at 60-70... while on amule and linux when I'm going fast, I reach 30-40...
I have set the upload limit to 15 because I thought there was a link between the download and the upload speed but things didn't change...
peste

bograt

• Approved Newbie
Re: Download Speeds?
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2005, 07:21:19 PM »

Thats what I was lead to belive but as with you there has been no change in speed but at least your getting 30-40 I would be happy if I got anything nearer to that.  what are other peoples experiences?

It also seems that If it is using so much memory it should at least give some value for the sacrifice. I know i'm only new to using amule but have lots of experience with edonkey to know when i'm getting a raw deal! if I'm allowing others to upload from me at a good speed then I expect the same in return.
I konw i'm tcihk but at laset I amdit it!!!!!!!!

pestekkorna

• Approved Newbie
  • ho 29 anni e vivo a napoli
Re: Download Speeds?
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2005, 07:36:03 PM »

Originally posted by bograt
Thats what I was lead to belive but as with you there has been no change in speed but at least your getting 30-40 I would be happy if I got anything nearer to that.  what are other peoples experiences?

mmm... I don't always download at that high rates... in this moment, I'm taking a file from 2 sources and my "speed" is 7... if i were on edonkey things would have been different... For the other things on linux the connection works great, for bitTorrent too!
if you want, contact me in pvt...
:)
gennaro