aMule Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We're back! (IN POG FORM)

Author Topic: Drop in aMule download speed by end September 2007  (Read 4832 times)

aMuX

• Approved Newbie
Drop in aMule download speed by end September 2007
« on: October 02, 2007, 06:08:42 PM »

I have experienced a drop in aMule download speed by the end  of September 2007 (about three days ago or so). I used to have 100 to 500 kbps (usually around 100 kbps for hours). Now I have 20 t0 50 kbps all the time.

Both arrows are green (sometimes the upper one is yellow). Connected to a server showing as:

!-= www.FreeOsex.com =-! (83.149.123.189:4321)

The TCP port test at

http://www.amule.org/testport.php

say it is OK.

What is going on then? Anyone is experiencing such issue? Thanks.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 10:18:49 AM by aMuX »

isulzer

Re: Drop in aMule download speed by end September 2007
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 09:38:02 PM »

many things... although the easiest reason would be:
 that whatever you are downloading now has less sources or sources with low bandwith caps. and what you were downloading before had many sources with high speeds
next:
that server may not be a real server as i recall. turn on ip filtering and grab only server best and it could be trying to use those bogus peers.... odd though... they cant do much about kademlia... if you are connected to kademlia... turn on the kad network if it isnt. lots of ed2k servers got shut down. and kad has always been the better network.
last:
your isp could be capping anything that dosent run on certain ports. i doubt it though

aMuX

• Approved Newbie
Re: Drop in aMule download speed by end September 2007
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 12:43:29 AM »

that server may not be a real server as i recall. turn on ip filtering and grab only server best and it could be trying to use those bogus peers.... odd though... they cant do much about kademlia... if you are connected to kademlia... turn on the kad network if it isnt. lots of ed2k servers got shut down. and kad has always been the better network.

Thanks. But...

How to turn on ip filtering and grab only server best ?
and
How to turn on the kad network ?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 10:24:55 AM by aMuX »

rigodon

• Approved Newbie