aMule Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We're back! (IN POG FORM)

Author Topic: aMule OK - amulegui 2.1.3 crashes when creating category  (Read 1739 times)

chronos

• "The fatal flaw in every plan is the assumption that you know more than your enemy." -Volrath
aMule OK - amulegui 2.1.3 crashes when creating category
« on: December 21, 2006, 05:19:12 PM »

This is may first post here. I´ll try to give as much information as possible, but I will probably miss the really important info you need. If this is the case, please let me know.

The title of the post is prety self-explanatory. I am running amuled on a Fedora Core 6 server, and usually access to it form aMuleGUI on a Windows XP.

aMuleGUI works generally well, saving a few features that dont work, and that it doesnt look as good as aMule itself.

The crash I am reporting ocurres when trying to create a category through aMuleGUI. I Right-Click on the "Todo" (spanish for "All", I use a spanish version of aMuleGUI, although aMule aMuled seems to be in english) and click on "añadir categoria" (spanish for "Add Category"). A dialogue pops up, asking for information about the category and its default directory. Using wrong or correct directorya and descriptions with or without any special caracters the result is allways the same: aMuleGUI crashes.

aMuleGUI version: 2.1.3.
aMuled version: 2.1.3

Hope my english is good enogh to be understood :-p
If there is any other info u need, let me know.
aMule is a great program, good job! Keep it up!

Chronos
« Last Edit: December 21, 2006, 05:21:41 PM by chronos »

phoenix

• Evil respawning bird from aMule Dev Team
  • Developer
  • The last shadow you'll ever see
RE: aMule OK - amulegui 2.1.3 crashes when creating category
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2006, 06:47:05 PM »

Hi chronos,

Your report is great, I have been able to reproduce the problem here and it will be fixed in tomorrow's CVS tarball. In case you are able to compile a tarball, would you mind testing it for me?

CVS tarballs can be downloaded here:
http://www.hirnriss.net/?area=cvs

Instructions on how to compile, (and lots of other interesting stuff) you can get here:
http://www.amule.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

Hope you enjoy it!

chronos

• "The fatal flaw in every plan is the assumption that you know more than your enemy." -Volrath
RE: aMule OK - amulegui 2.1.3 crashes when creating category
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2006, 11:16:23 AM »

I never compiled a tarball yet. But i'm glad to have the chance to learn to do so.
I'll follow those links and do my best. Then report back when i'm done.