aMule Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We're back! (IN POG FORM)

Author Topic: how close is aMule to eMule?  (Read 1612 times)

Asraniel

• Approved Newbie
how close is aMule to eMule?
« on: July 29, 2004, 07:42:12 PM »

Well, i would like to know, how similar is the source of aMule and eMule?
On what level is aMule? i mean wich features does it have, or better, aMule 2.0.0rc5 is wich eMule version (feature like)

and are there any plans to get amule and emule closer? i mean on the developement side, are you talking with the eMule devs?

Jacobo221

Re: how close is aMule to eMule?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2004, 10:25:54 PM »

Kry should be the one answering to that, but he's been out of forums for some days now, so i'll give you my five cents untill he comes along and tells the whole truth of it hehe.
In network code, it's up to eMule 0.43b, except for the kademlia implementation which is work in progress still.
IN features, it is not comparable to eMule since it lacks some of eMule's features but has some which eMule lacks too. Some of those features aMule lacks from eMule are not going to be implemented ever since they are considered a focus of security issues (as they are being on eMule), as an example, IRC implementation and mailing service and such.
aMule has a very friendly and close relation ship with eMule and their code are as similar as developers can make it. aMule implements as mcuh eMule code as possible to keep it being a real multiplatform-eMule.
As a sum up, if you know aMule's code, except for some files, you can easily handle eMule's code, and same the other way round ;-)
Greetings!