aMule Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We're back! (IN POG FORM)

Author Topic: something new  (Read 1333 times)

walkin

• Approved Newbie
something new
« on: September 04, 2007, 07:30:08 PM »

What does this mean:
ED2k Client: Client http://emule-project.net on IP:Port 85.221.188.242:53411 using eMule v0.47c requested file-data at an invalid position - disconnecting ?
I'm on Ubuntu Edgy, aMule 2.1.3. It's the first time I see it.   
Regards, walkin

skolnick

• Global Moderator
  • CentOS 6 User
Re: something new
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 02:29:02 AM »

AFAIK, It means that the other client requested a part of the file that lies beyond the end of the file itself, or requested a part that you have not downloaded yet, therefore it is invalid. Anyway, I think it's not your issue, but the other client's.

Regards.

Archmage

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2007, 10:14:17 AM »

Maybe you are trying to download a file that is larger than 4 GB, but you have started it with a filesize smaler than 4 GB. Therefore this file will never be finish.

If you did search for this file, I would suggest that you search again for this file with the 2.2.0 (that should come out soon). If you find this file with more than 4 GB, than you should canncle the file that you are downloading and redownload the file with the correct size.

walkin

• Approved Newbie
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2007, 09:55:49 PM »

Thank you for your replies. No, I wasn't trying to DL 4 GB file, but I found another message like that (different user) today. Don't know, but I'm a bit suspicious ;D. And yes, I am also waiting for 2.2.0, but versions I used till now,  were just good for my needs.
Regards and keep on,
w