aMule Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We're back! (IN POG FORM)

Author Topic: Help needed for starting Amule  (Read 4596 times)

cico

Help needed for starting Amule
« on: February 18, 2004, 12:11:03 PM »

Hello!
Anybody can give me a little help?
I'd like to know how to start amule under FC1. I cannot find the starting file; I also would like to know where is the starting file for the GUI.
Installation from RPM is ok.
Thanks   cico

bootstrap

RE: Help needed for starting Amule
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2004, 12:23:36 PM »

If you used the rpm provided on the amule website it can't be more easy...
Just open a shell (as user - you sure don't want to run amule as root) and type "amule &" (without "").

Maybe some day i'll find the time to add amule to kde/gnome menus... if noone else does ;)

cico

Re: Help needed for starting Amule
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2004, 11:39:33 PM »

[xxx@localhost xxx]$ amule &
[1] 5819
[xxx@localhost xxx]$ bash: amule: command not found

mmm... it seems there is something wrong... could anyone give me just a little more help? Is there a particular dir from which I have to type the command?
Thanks!
P.S. I didn't download rpms from amule site but from rpm.pbone.net. They should work, shouldn't they?

bootstrap

Re: Help needed for starting Amule
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2004, 09:19:49 AM »

P.S. I didn't download rpms from amule site but from rpm.pbone.net. They should work, shouldn't they?

No idea - try one of the rpms provided by amule and it should work as expected.

You could try to discover where your rpm places it's files by listing its content. Use rpm -ql aMule to see what's in the package and look out for the amule binary.
Anyway - that package can't be supported directly, because noone here built it. That doesn't mean we wont help, it just means noone knows how that pbone rpm has been built. Just try one of the amule rpms from this site instead.