aMule Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We're back! (IN POG FORM)

Author Topic: aMule 2.2 SVN for Windows  (Read 10906 times)

wuischke

• Developer
aMule 2.2 SVN for Windows
« on: December 24, 2007, 02:32:42 PM »

Finally it works. I've only tested it on Vista Business so far without actually downloading anything, but skins do work fine. ;)

Here you go, try to break it:
aMule SVN for Windows

Stu Redman

• Administrator
  • Engines screaming
Re: aMule 2.2 SVN for Windows
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2007, 09:51:16 PM »

Permission problem is gone at last.  ;D
Kad stays firewalled however, even though I've opened my ports in the windows firewall (on Linux it goes ok in seconds).
Did you compile it with MSVC or Mingw ? If MSVC - why the ming-dll ?
The image of mother goddess, lying dormant in the eyes of the dead, the sheaf of the corn is broken, end the harvest, throw the dead on the pyre -- Iron Maiden, Isle of Avalon

wuischke

• Developer
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2007, 10:33:42 PM »

I cross-compiled on Linux using mingw32 after making it compile again. The bunch of changes seems to have eliminated the problem with preferences at last...geez, that was killing me for such a long time...

Stu Redman

• Administrator
  • Engines screaming
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2007, 11:22:12 AM »

Is there a MINGW32 package for Linux, or how do you set up a cross compiler for Windows on Linux ?

The image of mother goddess, lying dormant in the eyes of the dead, the sheaf of the corn is broken, end the harvest, throw the dead on the pyre -- Iron Maiden, Isle of Avalon

wuischke

• Developer
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2007, 11:42:03 AM »

I use Archlinux and I have mingw32-packages ready to use in the repos and I think Debian has some as well.

Actually I just checked and Ubuntu has some packages, too. IIRC you were using Ubuntu, don't you?

If you need some further help with compiling, please feel free to ask me.

GrayFox.i0n

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2008, 09:35:08 PM »

Is there any howto for compiling a windows binary under linux?
Thanks

wuischke

• Developer
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2008, 10:32:25 PM »

In general? Install mingw32 including the corresponding binutils, gcc, runtime and w32api packages. Then call i486-mingw32-gcc (might be i686-mingw32-gcc, too) instead of your local gcc when compiling and application.

If the application uses a configure script, pass the option --host=i486-mingw32 (or i686-mingw32 respectively) to the configure script and it should set you up for cross compiling.

If you're talking about aMule: install the mingw packages for libiconv, gettext and zlib as well, compile wxmsw from source (add the --host option to the configure script) and compile aMule adding the host option...stop, you'll have to take care of crypto++ as well, lazy me wanted to test this, but didn't do it. But I guess you have to compile from source and specify the crypto-prefix.