aMule Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We're back! (IN POG FORM)

Author Topic: Who uses still Mac OS X PANTHER?  (Read 5366 times)

wuischke

• Developer
Who uses still Mac OS X PANTHER?
« on: September 04, 2008, 03:11:36 PM »

We are thinking about dropping official support for Mac OS X Panther. This system hasn't been updated since April 2005 and there are fewer and fewer people using it.

This doesn't mean that recent aMule version won't work on Panther, just that no one ever tested it and we won't provide packages.

If you are a Panther user and want to see aMule on your system, please answer in this thread and we'll see what we can do.

ovalguy68

Re: Who uses still Mac OS X PANTHER?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 02:25:38 PM »

Hi. I'm still using OS X Panther and want to download aMule.   Any advice would be great.

wuischke

• Developer
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 05:44:32 PM »

Do you feel confident in compiling software? Because no one of us has the means to compile on Panther, we would need you to work on it. Please have a look at How to compile aMule on Mac and try to follow the steps. If you encounter any problems, please tell us and we'll try to help if we can.

MareviQ

• Approved Newbie
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2008, 08:54:58 PM »

I'm still using Panther, and I've managed to compile aMule 2.2.2 (after a long battle with poorly documented bugs - suffice to say I had to downgrade to Quicktime 7.0.1 to compile it succesfully).

Pros:
It works

Cons:
It's a bare client (didn't want to try to compile any optional components after encountering those weird errors)
The preferences window shows nothing (the controls ARE there, as randomly clicking the white space I've opened the language selection drop-down menu, but they can not be seen, neither can the window controls at the top, but again, they are there, as I can drag the window by dragging it by it's upper region...) - any ideas what may cause this? (the rest of the interface works normally) should I try removing the preferences from the previous aMule version? (2.1.3 AFAIR)

v27026107

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 07:01:06 PM »

I am still using 10.3.9 panther and can't find the 2.1.3 link. At least post a download link for 2.1.3 for panther users. Thx :)