aMule Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We're back! (IN POG FORM)

Author Topic: Mac PowerPC (G4) Leopard version please? :)  (Read 6204 times)

capricornis

Mac PowerPC (G4) Leopard version please? :)
« on: August 25, 2008, 09:39:13 PM »

How about a build for us old timers using Leopard on PowerPC (G4!) architecture?  We are people too

I am currently using the 2.2.1 with the country flags build and it works good (less resources than 2.1.3), but it crashes after quite every time. Not really a problem, just weird.

cheers,

GonoszTopi

• The current man in charge of most things.
  • Administrator
Re: Mac PowerPC (G4) Leopard version please? :)
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 08:47:43 AM »

How about donating us a PPC (G4) with Leopard on it? Then there will immediately be official Mac builds...

Seriously, none of the devs have (access to) a Mac, and most of us are way too busy with real-life. Therefore we don't (can't) do any official binary releases, all the binaries are user-contributed packages. You're more than welcome to create the bundle and post (a link to) it in the appropriate forum section.
concordia cum veritate

capricornis

Re: Mac PowerPC (G4) Leopard version please? :)
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 09:56:04 AM »

I would love to donate a G4 for you, however I have only one :) And the reason I have a G4 and not a G5 or Mac Pro is that I cannot afford them :)

I was putting out a request to the users who are experience enough to compile packages on Mac (like the users who contributed the macintel binaries) to maybe consider compiling a Universal binary at the least, so people who still use PowerPC because they cannot afford to switch can use the latest amule..

cheers,