aMule Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We're back! (IN POG FORM)

Author Topic: Friendslot issue  (Read 3383 times)

myth

• Global Moderator
Friendslot issue
« on: October 17, 2008, 12:28:23 PM »

Hi folks...

...there seems to be a problem:
If i give a friendslot to a friend he gets upload for about 10 MB, and returns in queue with normal score...
...when i go to friendlist and disable friendslot to then re-enable it, he has a new friendslot...

It would be better, if i give him 1 time a friendslot and then he remains in upload until he doesn't request other chunks....

Greetings
MyTh

Stu Redman

• Administrator
  • Engines screaming
Re: Friendslot issue
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 10:32:49 PM »

So you give all your upload to your friend, and he gives all of his to you, and you both keep downloading from other people who get nothing from you ?
The image of mother goddess, lying dormant in the eyes of the dead, the sheaf of the corn is broken, end the harvest, throw the dead on the pyre -- Iron Maiden, Isle of Avalon

myth

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2008, 03:29:04 AM »

No it isn't meant so...i know what filesharing means ;)

It's only: if a friend needs like 40 MB to finish a file, i would help him...

GonoszTopi

• The current man in charge of most things.
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2008, 01:07:58 PM »

Since only one friend slot can be given and aMule will use at least three upload slots, I consider this a valid issue.
concordia cum veritate

myth

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2008, 03:57:42 PM »

But is it normal that my friend gets out of upload after 1 chunk? and don't even return into it?

Stu Redman

• Administrator
  • Engines screaming
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2008, 06:46:24 PM »

I consider this a valid issue.
GonoszTopi means you are right, and we will look into it.
The image of mother goddess, lying dormant in the eyes of the dead, the sheaf of the corn is broken, end the harvest, throw the dead on the pyre -- Iron Maiden, Isle of Avalon

llama

• Approved Newbie
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2008, 04:39:30 AM »

I'd like to have both options available:
Establish Friend Slot (one upload)
Establish Friend Slot (recurring)

BTW, I've noticed that sometimes a friend slot allows multiple uploads, but most often I see what myth reported; it only allows one upload until I untick/retick.

I'd also like to be able to give a friend slot in the context menu of a peer on the transfers window.  Or from the details dialog for a peer, since you can get to that from a lot of places.

For a rare file, I'll look at the peers sharing it, and if any of them are in my queue and my ratio with them is bad, I'll give them an upload.  Since a lot of users don't set a username, I end up with a lot of "friends" with stupid URLs for a name.  Actually, I'd like it if the one-upload-only option I'm suggesting was available for non-friends.  It saves the step of adding them to friends, and doesn't clutter up your friend list.  I don't necessarily want to allow access to my shared files list for anyone I'm giving a slot to, and friend/non-friend is the only access control mechanism other than all/nothing.  Anyway, I'd just like to keep my friends list separate from all the people I give an upload to.