aMule Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We're back! (IN POG FORM)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: In soviet Russia, topic reads you!  (Read 7388 times)

User294

In soviet Russia, topic reads you!
« on: May 13, 2009, 12:08:54 PM »

I can kill someone with kitchen knife. Let's ban all knives!  :o And well, you also have hands. So you can kill someone anyway, even without knife. Let's jail you all! That's how Apple logic works...  :-\

Apple is actually is a bunch of "copyrasts" (our people invented funny term for such morons, means "copyright" + "pederasts" = "copyrasts").

They're utterly dual-faced company. They're smiling into your face with their smiling mac logo if you're doing things right. But they also have a kill switches to punish you if you're doing something "wrong". And it is Apple who decides what is "right" and what is "wrong". How about freedom? Free people can make decisions themselves, without Apple or other  nasty assholes who self-promoted themselves into policemen of the world.

So, which pill do you want to? Take a blue pill and Apple's logo smiling into your face again. But there is also red pill. Then you could see their true colors... and then you can see: they're just a bunch of sharks. Something like M$ but somewhat smaller. Yet.

lfroen

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 12:54:05 PM »

Don't blame Apple. Blame stupid US laws. DMCA for a common good?

User294

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 01:36:39 PM »

Don't blame Apple. Blame stupid US laws. DMCA for a common good?
If someone going to do some harm to me, he have to be blamed by me. Regardless of DMCA laws or whatever. Not to mention I live in country where DMCA is just a word so I can ignore it. But Apple's b#tch%ng is not just a word. It's potential harm and attempt to be a policeman instead of a real police.

As for me, if police haves evidence that I'm pirate and they can prove it in court - everything is fine. I'm agree to be responsible for my actions if they're bad. At least, I can understand this - I was aware of rules of the game and violated them. Though I could be disagree, since some laws were "lobbied" (that's how bribes are called today) by companies with big bucks just to "favor" them and allow them to behave like some kind of mafia. Look, RIAA produces NOTHING. Except "protection" from "problems" they're creating on their own. Do you know how this behavior called? RACKET! And racketeers should be JAILED rather than allowed to create laws to cover their a$$.

But well, policing me for my own moneys is incredibly cruel behavior. For centuries there was a simple principle: "customer is always right". Now some tricky assholes like Apple have invented methods to bypass this principle so most customers does not even recognized they're fooled. And nope, DMCA is NOT AN EXCUSE. I'm preferring to be policed by police, not by Apple's morons.Who is this Apple to police me and restrict me? Just a bunch of scums?

And yes, let's remember: it is WE ARE, the customers who pays for EVERYTHING to these companies with their big bucks, after all. Don't you think Apple or carrier will sponsor your purchases? It is YOU ARE who will pay for each and every stuff you're using. And they're still cruel enough to LIMIT and RESTRICT us for our own moneys? Then, they HAVE TO BE BLAMED!

P.S. and I violate nothing when downloading ISO files of Ubuntu or BigBuckBunny or Elephant's Dreams or something else by torrent as long as I obey content's license. And I can violate license by, for example, apple's own browser. Let's remove their browser from iPhone! It could be used to conduct piracy. Otherwise this is clearly just some attempt to police the world on their own.

Kry

• Ex-developer
  • Retired admin
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 05:26:16 PM »

Don't you think Apple or carrier will sponsor your purchases?

They do for most iPhones in most countries.

And please, tone your posts down a notch. You can dislike Apple all you want, but don't resort to namecalling.

lfroen

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2009, 06:44:26 PM »

But Apple's b#tch%ng is not just a word. It's potential harm and attempt to be a policeman instead of a real police.
You can always buy Nokia. Is it legal in your country?

Kry

• Ex-developer
  • Retired admin
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2009, 06:55:15 PM »

But Apple's b#tch%ng is not just a word. It's potential harm and attempt to be a policeman instead of a real police.
You can always buy Nokia. Is it legal in your country?

In soviet Russia, Nokia buys you!

JohnSmith

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2009, 08:31:23 PM »

In soviet Russia, Nokia buys you!
Lol. In Russia, you can just go to shop and select any phone you like. Then you're choosing any carrier you like and subscription plan you're like, getting your SIM card and "ready to rock'n'roll" (btw, (c) Nokia in their bootloader :D). The only difference is that if you want to buy non-locked phone from manufacturer, you have to pay it's real price since nobody going to "sponsor" you. But if you will just grab a calculator, you will figure out that "locked phone+contract" bundle is nothing more than just a tricky credit. There is no sponsorship. You're going to repay this credit by using expensive contract for a while. In total this costs more and fucks up freedom of choice. Surprised? Well, if you'll digg a bit further you will discover that no matter how cool is offer, it is you are who pays for anything and it is always a full price, even if it not looks like this at 1st look.

So, ironically, in "soviet Russia" you have more freedoms than in "democratic USA" and there is even fair competition occurs between 3 different carriers so they have to improve services and invent new funny subscriptions to attract customers. Btw, iPhone fails miserably here due to it's restricted nature (yes they're TRYING to sell locked crap here and this effort doomed to fail) and expensive and stupid subscriptions (yes, Russians are poor enough to learn how to use calculators and count their moneys and learn that any credit always costs you even more than immediate purchase) .

Just some shameless rant from guy who lives in Russia and deals with GSM stuff. I'm really unable to understand why USA ppl consider such limits as "normal". They are not. People should be free. And they should make decisions on their own. On my N810 (not a phone, but...) I can even run Transmission bittorrent client and Nokia still doing nothing to prevent it (in fact this one exists in official 3rd party software repository). Somewhat different from Apple, yeah? Btw you can try to port aMule to N8x0 devices, the major challenge is 128Mb RAM. Usual Debian-based Linux, btw ;D
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 08:51:01 PM by JohnSmith »

lfroen

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2009, 08:50:52 PM »

Maybe because people in US (and in few other countries) are free to choose between locked and subsidized and free and expansive phone.Don't like iPhone? Buy Nokia. Or Blackberry. Or <list of 10+ manufactures going here>.

Btw you can try to port aMule to N8x0 devices, the major challenge is 128Mb RAM.
No, it's enough RAM. But whole idea IMHO pointless.

JohnSmith

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2009, 09:04:11 PM »

Maybe because people in US (and in few other countries) are free to choose between locked and subsidized and free and expansive phone.Don't like iPhone? Buy Nokia. Or Blackberry. Or <list of 10+ manufactures going here>.
Free to be ... restricted?! Something new ;D. Here carriers tried to start selling locked phones but this failed all times. iPhone just same failure, nothing new.

Btw, GSM and 3G (at least it's UMTS flavour) have been designed to allow free choice of carriers - that's why there is SIM cards. That's how ETSI designed it. Locks are purely artificial crap to take freedom of choice away. Operators requested this "feature" from handset's vendors since customers adopted to such unfriendly model in times of older standards without sim cards where carrier have to program phone with network parameters anyway so customer is locked to carrier for technical reasons. And again, irony here is that losers turned into winners one day. Yes, we were in deep ass in erly 90's and this fucked up deployment of early cell standards. And first really successful deployment was GSM. Unlike many other countries due to all this crap we had no "traditions" of such locking to carrier and GSM has been implemented as it was designed by ETSI. So we're free to choose from hundreds of non-locked phones and 3 carriers with a numerous subscriptions for any age and taste.

No, it's enough RAM. But whole idea IMHO pointless.

There is also swap on SD card. But aMule is a memory hog, especially GUI version. Btw, transmission runs fine, N810 seeded 2.5Gb of data during night (though this requires charger or huge wi-fi traffic+cpu load will discharge battery in a matter of hours).

Kry

• Ex-developer
  • Retired admin
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2009, 09:12:27 PM »

You realize not me nor lfroen are from the US, right?

Anyway, people in a lot of countries (including my birth country) are free to choose subsidized phone tied to a company, or full prize without ties. You think it's best to have only one option, I think it's best to give people as many options as they want. I personally like my current contract and the money I saved on my phone, because I was going to use that company anyway.

And while we're at it, I am pretty sure you can't live in the internet without hearing any "in soviet russia" jokes, so I'm going to pretend you know what it was about.

lfroen

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2009, 09:44:19 PM »

Free to be ... restricted?! Something new
Since the whole concept of "freedom" is quite new to Russia, I guess there going to be a long list of such "new things". Get used to it.

And first really successful deployment was GSM.
That's BS. Learn some history of technology.

So we're free to choose from hundreds of non-locked phones and 3 carriers with a numerous subscriptions for any age and taste.
Ah, I see Russia has discovered magic of "free trade". Beautiful. Other countries have it for centuries, too.

N810 seeded 2.5Gb of data during night
And I have done very impressive Lego building this evening. Relevant? Hardly.

lfroen

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2009, 09:47:11 PM »

I am pretty sure you can't live in the internet without hearing any "in soviet russia" jokes, so I'm going to pretend you know what it was about.
I've heard those numerous times, but still have no idea where it came from. BTW - I've been in "Soviet Russia" 3 times in my life, less than a month in total.

JohnSmith

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2009, 09:50:24 PM »

Hmm, sorry, but I'm really thinking we can really live without "democracy" if democracy means DRM, copyright racketeers, sim locks, DMCA and other "funny" things. Go enjoy by your freedom to be screwed up. I do not need such thing and I do not want to turn into corporate slave which can't just change sucking carrier at any time due to contract, can't install certain app because Apple decided so and so on ;).How typical for corporate culture - in theory you have a ton rights. On practice you're forced or at least "strongly encouraged" to give them up in favor of corporate bullsh*t.

Kry

• Ex-developer
  • Retired admin
Re: In soviet Russia, topic reads you!
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2009, 10:11:30 PM »

I think you need to google "define:democracy"

Your point is like saying "I think we can really live without air if it means we're going to be breathing all this pollution!". Utterly stupid but slightly hilarious.

wuischke

• Developer
Re: In soviet Russia, topic reads you!
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2009, 10:14:34 PM »

And I have done very impressive Lego building this evening.

Quote of the day. :D
Pages: [1] 2