Hello to everyone!
I don't know if it's really a bug or if it's something related to my particular situation but I'm experiencing a very annoying problem with the latest aMule SVN versions.
Before describing the issue, I'd like to describe my situation:
1) I run the aMule daemon on a mips router and remotely control it by aMuleGUI
2) I've built many aMule versions (not only) with no issues at all and I've been using the same toolchain (let me know if you need to know the dependencies installed)
3) The last aMule version that I've built before this one is the SVN 9548 that's rock solid on my router
4) Today I've built the latest SVN 9838 just to see if it was something wrong with the SVN 9834 but it behaves exactly the same
Some days ago, I've decided to build a newer version and I've downloaded the SVN 9834 sourcecode. The compilation stage went fine and everything seems to work fine, sometimes for an hour, sometimes for some minutes only, sometimes for several hours but before or later I get many consecutive:
WARNING! Client UDP-Socket ... discarded packet due to errors (2) while sending.
errors (we're talking of dozens of them), aMule doesn't succeed to upload or download anything anymore and, after a while, the connection drops down and I need to reboot the router.
I repeat: I don't know if it's really a bug but I'm rather confident that it is because the older SVN 9548 works fine. The only other explanation could be that in the meantime something has been added that's too hard to handle on a router according to its limited resources.
I hope to receive some advices soon and I thank you all in advance.