aMule Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We're back! (IN POG FORM)

Author Topic: Conflict aMule vs EXT3 ???  (Read 3297 times)

S3N

• Approved Newbie
Conflict aMule vs EXT3 ???
« on: April 16, 2004, 04:40:52 PM »

I've also posted in it_Bugs. I've the seguent problem: when I use amule for many hours when I reboot my system there are a segnalation about errors with file system (ext3) and I must run fsck.ext3 to fix that. In the last 5 reboot this is happened 3 times and now I've about 5% of not contiuguous data. I'm sure that the problem are related with amule because it don't happenes when my system run for many hours without amule and I reboot it (with no segnalation of filesystem errors). Anyone can help me with an explanation about that? Thanks a lot.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2004, 04:42:42 PM by S3N »

Kry

• Ex-developer
  • Retired admin
Re: Conflict aMule vs EXT3 ???
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2004, 04:47:02 PM »

aMule does not access the filesystem neither the hardware to do its work. That's kernel's work. So either your hardware is broken or your kernel is.

S3N

• Approved Newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2004, 05:01:40 PM »

Originally posted by Kry
aMule does not access the filesystem neither the hardware to do its work.
That's good

Originally posted by Kry
That's kernel's work. So either your hardware is broken or your kernel is.

This is strange because it is happened with the 2.4.18 (bf24 form debian woody) and with 2.4.24 kernel on two different type of hard disks (Maxtor of 60gb and 2 mb cache and another Maxtor of 60 gb with 8 mb cache). I don't think I fail to compile the kernel.  :D
So, any suggestion to discover the cause of this errors? There are some utility for that? ?(
Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2004, 05:06:11 PM by S3N »

Master

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2004, 05:39:37 PM »

The next time it asks you to run fsck, run "fsck.ext3 -c" . The "-c"  switch will check for bad blocks and many others, it will do a thorough check on your harddisk.