English > Small talk

(1/2) > >>

Stu Redman:
Finally made it to the movie yesterday - and wow. I mean
wow.Can't remember when I've been so impressed at cinema. LotR maybe. Maybe not even then.
Looks like they found a way at last to kick home cinema's ass and draw people back to the movie theaters. At least until BD-3D and 3D projectors or TVs get available. I laughed about "comparable to color invention" - until I saw the movie. Hey, if anybody should have grabbed some crappy screener (not that anybody here would, I'm sure) you are missing the whole point.
Anyway, James Cameron has been right to wait for so long until his vision could be accomplished, and theaters could make an affordable and non-crappy 3D viewing technology available. Even the little theater I go to which is the only one in the whole area to offer movies in the original language.

Vollstrecker:
From technical point you're right. The story is just Braveheart with hightech weapons on another planet.

Stu Redman:
I think it's rather Pocahontas (which is sweet btw). Sure, you can tell the story in a sentence. But it's how it's told which matters. I remember a foreword (I believe it was in The Stand) where Stephen King told Hänsel und Gretel in a sentence to show how it's the little details that really shape the heart of a story. It's movies like this cinema is made for. There are good movies of the people-talking-about-relationships-kind, but you can watch them on TV (or even Iphone) just as well.

phoenix:
I have seen it yesterday too, and I think it is awesome!
New avatar for me too :D

^marcell^:
I saw the 2D version only, but it was very impressive. It's the classic "hero comes, faces challanges, struggles and finally saves the day" story, which is always nice to watch.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version