aMule Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We're back! (IN POG FORM)

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: crash with svn 10125 64 bit backtrace  (Read 13502 times)

Vollstrecker

• Administrator
  • Unofficial Debian Packager
    • http://vollstreckernet.de
Re: crash with svn 10125 64 bit backtrace
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2010, 01:16:35 PM »

Easiest solution (beside reinstall) is switching everything to squeeze, and pinning on squeeze (yep, squeeze not testing).  Used right, it should upgrade the old libs, and their dep's should report packages that need downgrading. You can downgrade these then, or wait if an update arrives before squeeze becomes stable.
Homefucking is killing prostitution

jmanel

• Approved Newbie
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2010, 02:34:26 PM »

Umm, your system may be well broken, (see version mismatch on libx11-6 and libx11-data, etc...) I'm afraid I can't support such a mess of a system, either upgrade to unstable or there's nothing we can do.

I didn't thought that mixing stable and unstable gives as a result a  broken system.  Thanks for the efford.

Anyways, what does dpkg -l libx11-xcb1 says?

The answer is no packets with that name.

jmanel

• Approved Newbie
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2010, 02:37:25 PM »

Easiest solution (beside reinstall) is switching everything to squeeze, and pinning on squeeze (yep, squeeze not testing).
squeeze is not the testing branch?
 Used right, it should upgrade the old libs, and their dep's should report packages that need downgrading. You can downgrade these then, or wait if an update arrives before squeeze becomes stable.

I needed the unstable version of x11 because my video card(EAH4350 by asus) was not working well with the stable/testing  versions.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 02:40:36 PM by jmanel »

Vollstrecker

• Administrator
  • Unofficial Debian Packager
    • http://vollstreckernet.de
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2010, 11:46:08 PM »

Squeeze is the testing branch, but as I think you prefer stable, and end up with a mixed system again if you update just one time after squeeze becomes stable (in the first days, there'll be heavy changes) it's more save to use the name, as it stays on migration. As testing and unstable versions of X are the same atm, I don't see a problem with your video.
Homefucking is killing prostitution

btkaos

• Global Moderator
  • Kaos is infinite!
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2010, 02:09:39 AM »

Umm, your system may be well broken, (see version mismatch on libx11-6 and libx11-data, etc...) I'm afraid I can't support such a mess of a system, either upgrade to unstable or there's nothing we can do.

I didn't thought that mixing stable and unstable gives as a result a  broken system.  Thanks for the efford.

It depends, I said it may be, I'm not sure. Anyways IMH Experience, mixing stable and unstable is hard and requires a lot of knowlegde in order to it in a proper way.

So in your case, you should try to reproduce the bug in a pure enviroment, either Ubuntu or Debian unstable. You may use a chroot in order to achieve that.

Anyways, what does dpkg -l libx11-xcb1 says?

The answer is no packets with that name.

Umm, I see the package layout changed, that package is not relevant anymore.
Pages: 1 2 [3]