English > aMule Help

LowID for power users !

(1/3) > >>

jbc:
Hi,

I've installed Amule Optware package on my Asus RT-N16 router. I configured it correctly I think (ports, Upnp, password,..). I connect via AmuleGUI, and Amuled connects correctly : server list downloaded, Ipfilter downloaded, server connected, but LowID. The 3 ports are correctly forwarded by Upnp to my router (192.168.1.1).My router in in PPoE mode, and my modem is in bridge mode, so it should not block anything.
I've tried :
- Manual forwarding of ports (instead of Upnp)
- Disable firewall and Nat translation
- Disconnections / Reconnections

Do you have an idea on how to reach HighID on this configuration ? Any help appreciated, thanks !!!
JB

Stu Redman:
How did you "forward" a port on the router itself? Where did you forward it to?
Forwarding ports and opening ports are two entirely different subjects afaik.

jbc:
Sorry for mistaking, I'm not a native english speaker ! :-)
I think I meant "opening" ports... So I suppose, because I see amule ports opened in Upnp open ports list, in which I can also see the Emule ports when I launch it on my PC (I choose different port set, of course). The ports are opened by Amule on the router itself, so the adress for the opened ports is 192.168.1.1 (the adress of the router).

See what I mean ? Do i mistake ? What the hell should I do for HighID on this configuration ??? :-)

Thanks for help.

Stu Redman:
Well, installing software on a router itself is not a task for everyday users I'm afraid. You will probably have to ask other people who have installed software on your brand of router before. I imagine you will have to edit some config file in the router's operating system for the router to allow amuled running on it to receive data.

Kry:

--- Quote ---The ports are opened by Amule on the router itself, so the adress for the opened ports is 192.168.1.1
--- End quote ---

Mindfuck. I bet the router is redirecting port X from the external interface to port X on the internal one. Now, I have no idea what your routing table thinks of that, but it's mindblowing.

I'm not even sure what to say about it. Have you tried to port test?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version