aMule Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We're back! (IN POG FORM)

Author Topic: Avatar  (Read 15141 times)

Stu Redman

• Administrator
  • Engines screaming
« on: January 03, 2010, 02:51:35 PM »

Finally made it to the movie yesterday - and wow. I mean
wow.
Can't remember when I've been so impressed at cinema. LotR maybe. Maybe not even then.
Looks like they found a way at last to kick home cinema's ass and draw people back to the movie theaters. At least until BD-3D and 3D projectors or TVs get available. I laughed about "comparable to color invention" - until I saw the movie. Hey, if anybody should have grabbed some crappy screener (not that anybody here would, I'm sure) you are missing the whole point.
Anyway, James Cameron has been right to wait for so long until his vision could be accomplished, and theaters could make an affordable and non-crappy 3D viewing technology available. Even the little theater I go to which is the only one in the whole area to offer movies in the original language.
The image of mother goddess, lying dormant in the eyes of the dead, the sheaf of the corn is broken, end the harvest, throw the dead on the pyre -- Iron Maiden, Isle of Avalon

Vollstrecker

• Administrator
  • Unofficial Debian Packager
    • http://vollstreckernet.de
Re: Avatar
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 04:27:06 PM »

From technical point you're right. The story is just Braveheart with hightech weapons on another planet.
Homefucking is killing prostitution

Stu Redman

• Administrator
  • Engines screaming
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 05:38:44 PM »

I think it's rather Pocahontas (which is sweet btw). Sure, you can tell the story in a sentence. But it's how it's told which matters. I remember a foreword (I believe it was in The Stand) where Stephen King told Hänsel und Gretel in a sentence to show how it's the little details that really shape the heart of a story. It's movies like this cinema is made for. There are good movies of the people-talking-about-relationships-kind, but you can watch them on TV (or even Iphone) just as well.
The image of mother goddess, lying dormant in the eyes of the dead, the sheaf of the corn is broken, end the harvest, throw the dead on the pyre -- Iron Maiden, Isle of Avalon

phoenix

• Evil respawning bird from aMule Dev Team
  • Developer
  • The last shadow you'll ever see
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2010, 05:55:41 PM »

I have seen it yesterday too, and I think it is awesome!
New avatar for me too :D

^marcell^

• Developer
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2010, 08:01:42 PM »

I saw the 2D version only, but it was very impressive. It's the classic "hero comes, faces challanges, struggles and finally saves the day" story, which is always nice to watch.

DanielW

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2011, 08:22:45 AM »

I am new here, so decided to start with easy off-topic section. Last week I watched this incredible movie. This is what I review. A Mission to find Our Own True self. We are like a baby if we don’t know where we live in, what are the elements that supports human life. Do we treasure it. Do we know what we are doing now exactly? There are three main groups in this world, Those who study the nature, to maintain the nature. Those who make profit out of the nature, make use of those who don’t know anything. Those who don’t know anything and ignore everything about nature. Everyone of us could be anything if we learn it patiently, smart, even at times might sacrifice something. But do we know what we really want, need and our responsibilities? Now, which groups are we belong to? Which group is having the majority numbers now at this moment? The movie emphasizes connection with the bird, horse, trees, tribes, natures. Did Eywa really fight back? As human, who take our country or homeland, we would probably think of fighting back. As animal, being attack, would probably know how to protect themselves by making their territory. As plant, being attack, would probably try to stay alive if there is water and sun. As earth, being attack, would you know how does it fight back? *As earth fight back, that will be the day of the connection between bird, horse, trees, tribes, natures has been broken seriously. * Do we look like part of the biological link then? What is our effort so far? The Question again: Are we still a “baby”? Knowing “nothing” about ourself? Do I write this so seriously? Thank you.