aMule Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We're back! (IN POG FORM)

Author Topic: aMule shall encourage speed over seeding  (Read 6095 times)

Fensergeist

• Other profiles
aMule shall encourage speed over seeding
« on: October 21, 2016, 06:15:36 PM »

When the eD2K network was created, there were very few people with Internet and connections were slow. That is why eD2K encouraged seeding over fast downloads.

These days the abundance of potential high speed seeders is huge, but eD2K stills is rooted in the old model of handling downloads. That's why Bittorrent is taking over aMule, even when aMule is more powerful on performing searches and sharing new files.

I want you to encourage changing the design of eD2K, so it prioritises speed over seeding. Personally I think this is the thing that would have the highest impact on P2P sharing worldwide right now.

Fensergeist

• Other profiles
Re: aMule shall encourage speed over seeding
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2016, 06:24:37 PM »

HKM

• You don't know enough to know that you don't know.
Re: aMule shall encourage speed over seeding
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2016, 10:52:17 PM »

Well I do agree with you there. But the problem is not aMule but its eMule which accounts for well over majority of the eD2K/KAD clients on the network. With that comes over decade and half of old ideas that are obsolete in todays world. Now far as BitTorrent goes they have alot of users which is why seeder vs leecher is compensated. Then there are ratio enforced communities along with dedicated seedbox. Also the average user's ISP tier is higher compared to majority of our users who are in Italy with slow tier.

REF: http://forum.emule-project.net/index.php?showtopic=160319