aMule Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We're back! (IN POG FORM)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Re: aMule 2.3.2 for mac compiled on macOS Sierra  (Read 70011 times)

PepitoGrilloOSX

• Approved Newbie
Re: Re: aMule 2.3.2 for mac compiled on macOS Sierra
« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2019, 10:27:10 PM »

Okay, now I'm a little bit confused.

New binaries for macos 10.15 (Catalina), with patched ed2kHelperScript.app for 64 bits support:

Is the applet now using the same AppleScript code for all architectures? Especially for x86_64? And if so, then does it work on Catalina?

the bit of scripts that used tell application "System Events" to work out the path to the ed2k binary didn't work any more, likely due to security changes
The script should be compatible with all x86_64 architectures, but I just tested on Catalina.

mr_hyde

• Global Moderator
Re: Re: aMule 2.3.2 for mac compiled on macOS Sierra
« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2019, 12:04:09 AM »

Okay, now I'm a little bit confused.

New binaries for macos 10.15 (Catalina), with patched ed2kHelperScript.app for 64 bits support:

Is the applet now using the same AppleScript code for all architectures? Especially for x86_64? And if so, then does it work on Catalina?

the bit of scripts that used tell application "System Events" to work out the path to the ed2k binary didn't work any more, likely due to security changes
The script should be compatible with all x86_64 architectures, but I just tested on Catalina.

The "script" (well, it's a universal binary in the truth) proposed in pull request (https://github.com/amule-project/amule/pull/169) have (or should have) the same source for all the achitectures.
to obtain it I simply:
- decompiled the script currently contained in amule source branch (it is for PPC and i386), just to make sure to use exactly the same code used for others PPC and i386
- compiled again to obtain the x86_64 version
- "merged" the x86_64 version with existing one (so I just added x86_64 to PPC and i386)

Bye,
  Mr Hyde
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]