aMule Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We're back! (IN POG FORM)

Author Topic: Can't insert username in aMuleGUI  (Read 3991 times)

be_ar

Can't insert username in aMuleGUI
« on: September 30, 2016, 11:34:26 PM »

Hello everyone,
Use amuled on a Raspberry for quite some time, in which there I connect without problems (from various distro Linux, Windows and Android).

Today I formatted my pc and after reinstalling aMuleGUI (I installed the amule-utils and amule-utils-gui) unfortunately I can not (and it seems to me absurd) to enter the user name for the connection to the server. I tried to look for even in remote.conf file in .aMule folder, but unfortunately I have not found anything useful.

The user name is blocked, it is inserted amule (as you can see in the attachment, I highlighted the input not editable with red color, in italian "Nome utente" is "User name") but unfortunately my username on Raspberry is another and then, I should be able to change it (as indeed I could easily do before formatting!).

I hope someone will be able to help me, I have tried just about anywhere without finding any solution.

Thank you.

HKM

• You don't know enough to know that you don't know.
Re: Can't insert username in aMuleGUI
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2016, 10:17:11 AM »

It always has been that way as its hard coded and omitted from accepting user input. I'm sure you can manually recompile it or just change current user and rename it to 'amule' which is what it is by default. If you running aMuleD as service it should be running under user amule unless you manually started the service on some user and wrote script to start it.

be_ar

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2016, 01:08:21 PM »

Thanks for the reply.

Investigating further, I realized that yes, the user I used in the past was that. I was fooled by the fact that, trying to login (host and password are definitely correct, I checked them several times) the program tried to open up and then crash immediately after. I thought it was for the wrong username, and instead seems to be fault of the fact that there are some problems for amulegui on Ubuntu 4.16 which apparently crashes and fails to open properly.

Someone managed to solve?

GonoszTopi

• The current man in charge of most things.
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2016, 02:54:30 PM »

Actually the "username" input field was created when we thought of making a multi-user daemon. Those plans were rejected, however, the username input field stayed. It's just a visual effect, and is neither being sent to amuled nor is checked against anything. Probably I should remove it as it just confuses users...
concordia cum veritate

be_ar

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2016, 07:46:21 PM »

I understand, but have already come to understand that in fact the problem was not due to that but to an incompatibility with Ubuntu 16.04, where amuleGUI, immediately crashes after clicking on the button "Connect", without giving a chance to do anything.