aMule Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We're back! (IN POG FORM)

Author Topic: aMule 1.2.3 and free diskspace  (Read 4055 times)

a-l-f

aMule 1.2.3 and free diskspace
« on: January 03, 2004, 08:29:01 PM »

Hello,

the reported free diskspace with aMule 1.2.3 is very wrong on my FreeBSD system.
I don't know if it is a BSD issue or if the new checkspace code still needs some optimization? ;)

aMule: Free Disk Space (Total): 53578224

Actually there are 7GB free on this file system... depending on this a lot of files are paused which would could be downloaded as there is actually enougth space.

How is the free disk space calculated? Is it just the free diskspace as emule sees it or is there some magic calculation with free disk space minus filesize of the files in the queue? That would explain the difference on my side as my free diskspace minus the size of all my waiting downloads is actually around the value amule displays as free.

deltaHF

• Evil Admin
  • Former Developer
  • .. Legends may sleep, but they never die ..
    • http://www.amule.org
Re: aMule 1.2.3 and free diskspace
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2004, 01:23:35 PM »

Actually there are 7GB free on this file system

and GB needed by your dl's ?

a-l-f

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2004, 01:40:19 PM »

Slightly less but the temp files are already as big as they will be when the files are completed so the size for these shouldn't be subtracted from the still free disk space.
Actually I have around 7GB in the download queue but half the amount of this is already on disk in the temp dir files.
So if there is some magic in the calculation it should end up with around 3.5gb still free for other downloads.

I also just checked the wxGetDiskSize function and it returns the proper size so this is no wxWindows issue on FreeBSD.

deltaHF

• Evil Admin
  • Former Developer
  • .. Legends may sleep, but they never die ..
    • http://www.amule.org
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2004, 01:50:15 PM »

u could edit your .eMule file and set checkdiskspace to 0 ..

greets
delta

a-l-f

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2004, 03:26:18 PM »

I've already done that but that's a mere workaround. I like my diskspace being checked ;)

Someone should look again at the diskspace code or tell me where my theory is wrong ;)

As it seems to me amule gets the free disk space and subtracts the size of all files in the queue regardless of the amount that has already been downloaded or am I wrong? If so this could lead to a lot of space unused and unnecessary paused downloads.

If I am wrong how is the free space actually calculated?