aMule Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We're back! (IN POG FORM)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: aMule binaries for macOS  (Read 147418 times)

Nocta

Re: aMule binaries for macOS
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2020, 07:58:19 PM »

Thank you so much!

It works in the sense that it opens but I can't seem to be able to connect or even download the server list sadly.
Do you have any idea of what is happening?

PepitoGrilloOSX

• Official OSX Packager
  • Global Moderator
  • Approved Newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2020, 08:24:26 PM »

macOS 10.15 (Catalina) -- wxWidgets 3.14, with support for Dark Mode!:
aMule GUI / amuled: https://www.dropbox.com/s/iw51wgunvqcnrk2/aMuleGUI-amuled-2.3.2-macOS_10.15-wxWidgets-3.1.4.zip?dl=0

ariakas

• Approved Newbie
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2020, 12:14:13 PM »

macOS 10.15 (Catalina) -- wxWidgets 3.14, with support for Dark Mode!:
aMule GUI / amuled: https://www.dropbox.com/s/iw51wgunvqcnrk2/aMuleGUI-amuled-2.3.2-macOS_10.15-wxWidgets-3.1.4.zip?dl=0
Great! Thank you very much!
Do exists an aMule build with dark mode?

Massi

• Approved Newbie
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2020, 10:27:31 PM »

Many thanks PepitoGrilloOSX  ;)

PepitoGrilloOSX

• Official OSX Packager
  • Global Moderator
  • Approved Newbie
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2021, 10:06:13 PM »

macOS 11 (Big Sur) -- wxWidgets 3.14, with support for Dark Mode, and native M1 (arm64) binary!:
aMule GUI / amuled:https://www.dropbox.com/s/19hob4rye8za0k6/aMuleGUI-amuled-2.3.2-macOS_11-arm64-wxWidgets-3.1.4.zip?dl=0

pepepinto

• Approved Newbie
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2021, 02:07:51 AM »

macOS 11 (Big Sur) -- wxWidgets 3.14, with support for Dark Mode, and native M1 (arm64) binary!:
aMule GUI / amuled:https://www.dropbox.com/s/19hob4rye8za0k6/aMuleGUI-amuled-2.3.2-macOS_11-arm64-wxWidgets-3.1.4.zip?dl=0

Hi there, PepitoGrilloX.

I've just downloaded this version and when I'm trying to open it, it says that the file is damaged. I've the new MacBook Air with M1 Processor. What's the main difference between aMule and aMule GUI / amused? I've always downloaded the first one which is just the file that I drag into the Aplications folder.

Hope you can help me since I'm looking forward to using it again!

Pepepinto

The X

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2021, 09:46:17 AM »

Thank you very much!
aMule 2.3.2 on MacOS Catalina 10.15.7
----------------------------------
....as it said the wise-one : the luckly is blind but the jiinx can see perfectly !!!
....e come disse il saggio : La fortuna è cieca ma la sfiga ci vede benissimo !!!

pepepinto

• Approved Newbie
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2021, 12:18:04 PM »

Thank you very much!

Did it work for you, The X?

I’m not able to make it run. It shows a message which says that the file is damaged.

Thanks.

PepitoGrilloOSX

• Official OSX Packager
  • Global Moderator
  • Approved Newbie
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2021, 10:26:09 PM »

Hi there, PepitoGrilloX.

I've just downloaded this version and when I'm trying to open it, it says that the file is damaged. I've the new MacBook Air with M1 Processor. What's the main difference between aMule and aMule GUI / amused? I've always downloaded the first one which is just the file that I drag into the Aplications folder.

Hope you can help me since I'm looking forward to using it again!

Pepepinto

Seems that Dropbox messed up the Zip file (8,4 MB in my system, 27 MB for Dropbox ..). I will re-download the zip.

aMule is the all-in-one app with the GUI and the "server" features coupled together. aMuleGUI is just the client side and it connect to a server that takes care of the background task (you can shutdown the client and the server continues, which is my use case).

PepitoGrilloOSX

• Official OSX Packager
  • Global Moderator
  • Approved Newbie
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2021, 11:41:59 PM »

I just got deeper into the problem, and it's not a Dropbox problem (it was an interpretation error).

However, I was right with my first impression: It is related to code sign re-inforcement done by Apple on the ARM64 architecture.

It is mandatory to code sign every app that runs on M1, so now I have to check if some kind of "ad-hoc" signature is valid for the binary sharing.

In the meantime, the Intel version through Rossetta2 can be used, because this tight rules imposed by Apple do not apply to x86_64 architecture (regardless if the machine runs Big Sur or not).

PepitoGrilloOSX

• Official OSX Packager
  • Global Moderator
  • Approved Newbie
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2021, 12:09:15 PM »

Updated binaries for Big Sur upgraded to the recent aMule 2.3.3 version just released!

These binaries have been code-signed, and notarized by Apple, and support Intel and M1 architectures natively. Take into consideration that to achieve that, the binaries have to follow also the tight sandboxing rules in place.

macOS 11 (Big Sur) -- wxWidgets 3.1.4, with support for Dark Mode! UNIVERSAL (x86_64 / ARM64):
aMuleGUI / amuled 2.3.3: https://www.dropbox.com/s/79wawwtui8hvka7/aMuleGUI-amuled-2.3.3-wxWidgets-3.1.4-macos11-universal.dmg?dl=0
« Last Edit: February 09, 2021, 12:30:16 PM by PepitoGrilloOSX »

pepepinto

• Approved Newbie
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2021, 01:24:19 AM »

Updated binaries for Big Sur upgraded to the recent aMule 2.3.3 version just released!

These binaries have been code-signed, and notarized by Apple, and support Intel and M1 architectures natively. Take into consideration that to achieve that, the binaries have to follow also the tight sandboxing rules in place.

macOS 11 (Big Sur) -- wxWidgets 3.1.4, with support for Dark Mode! UNIVERSAL (x86_64 / ARM64):
aMuleGUI / amuled 2.3.3: https://www.dropbox.com/s/79wawwtui8hvka7/aMuleGUI-amuled-2.3.3-wxWidgets-3.1.4-macos11-universal.dmg?dl=0

Thank you so much PepitoGrilloX! I try to open the new aMule app and there is a box like the one I attached in this message. I've always installed aMule, but it wasn't a GUI version (the icon is also different). What do I need to do to start using aMule? Isn't there a normal version?

Thanks for your help and work.

Francis

PepitoGrilloOSX

• Official OSX Packager
  • Global Moderator
  • Approved Newbie
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2021, 12:18:05 PM »

The binary is for aMuleGUI and it includes amuled (amule daemon).

/Applications/aMuleGUI.app/Contents/MacOS/amuled

I recommend to take a look on the documentation on regards amuled usage. You can start by:

https://www.systutorials.com/docs/linux/man/1-amuled/

Just take into consideration that the binaries are also "sandboxed", and by default, confined visibility to (search for Apple sandbox mechanism for details):

$HOME/Library/Containers/org.amule.aMuleGUI/Data

Sorry, but I just compiled the binaries. I am not the program developer.

PepitoGrilloOSX

• Official OSX Packager
  • Global Moderator
  • Approved Newbie
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2021, 12:28:49 PM »

However, the following binary works also on Big Sur, even with Rosetta2 translation on M1 architectures.

macOS 10.15 (Catalina):
aMule: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5brs48zfcvxn2db/aMule-2.3.2-macOS_10.15-wxWidgets-3.0.5.zip?dl=0

Remember that the wxWidgets version used (3.0.5) do not support Dark mode, and, eventually (if you use Dark Mode, like myself), you will need to force "light" mode for this app:

defaults write org.amule.aMule NSRequiresAquaSystemAppearance -bool yes
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5