aMule Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We're back! (IN POG FORM)

Author Topic: aMule doesn't read old config after update  (Read 4718 times)

Parodper

• Approved Newbie
aMule doesn't read old config after update
« on: July 19, 2021, 03:50:22 PM »

This problem is already solved, I am just leaving the info for those who might suffer from this.

For some context, after updating to Big Sur I decided to update to 2.3.3. While the 2.3.2 version worked fine, the 2.3.3 version didn't read my configuration file.

The problem stems from aMule now being sandboxed (more info). This means that the files in ~/Library/Application Support/aMule are now in ~/Library/Containers/org.amule.aMule/Data/Library/Application Support/aMule/. Just copy the files from the first place to the second.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2021, 03:58:54 PM by Parodper »

PepitoGrilloOSX

• Official OSX Packager
  • Global Moderator
  • Approved Newbie
Re: aMule doesn't read old config after update
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2021, 09:22:28 PM »

Yes. That's it.

This is due to the Apple requirement of the "sandboxing".

Working on a NOT sandboxed version, with "dark mode" support (wxWidgets 3.1.5). Looks promising by now...
« Last Edit: October 05, 2021, 08:05:47 PM by PepitoGrilloOSX »

PepitoGrilloOSX

• Official OSX Packager
  • Global Moderator
  • Approved Newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2021, 07:55:09 PM »

Finally!!

A new Universal2 macOS binary is available (look in the official download area).

aMule-2.3.3-wxWidgets-3.1.5-macOS11-Universal2.dmg:

• wxWidgets 3.1.5 (dark mode support)
  • Not sandboxed (no path access restrictions)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2021, 09:39:04 AM by PepitoGrilloOSX »

Massi

• Approved Newbie
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2021, 12:34:17 PM »

A new Universal2 macOS binary is available (look in the official download area).

Thanks for the great job!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2021, 10:55:24 AM by PepitoGrilloOSX »

muleherder

• Approved Newbie
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2022, 09:31:23 PM »

Hello! Not sure if someone else have this problem with 2.3.3 universal version (running on M1 architecture).

With the previous version (wxWidgets 3.0.5) the interface looks right, but as others have posted before, it is sandboxed.
With the latest version (wxWidgets 3.1.5), it reads my old config again, and it is usable, but the interface is all wrong: some fields appear with their minimum possible size regardless of the window size.

Has anyone else seen this? Has anyone compiled an arm64 or universal version with wxWidgets 3.0.5 and no sandboxing?

Thanks!

PepitoGrilloOSX

• Official OSX Packager
  • Global Moderator
  • Approved Newbie
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2022, 09:33:24 AM »

Hello! Not sure if someone else have this problem with 2.3.3 universal version (running on M1 architecture).

With the previous version (wxWidgets 3.0.5) the interface looks right, but as others have posted before, it is sandboxed.
With the latest version (wxWidgets 3.1.5), it reads my old config again, and it is usable, but the interface is all wrong: some fields appear with their minimum possible size regardless of the window size.

Has anyone else seen this? Has anyone compiled an arm64 or universal version with wxWidgets 3.0.5 and no sandboxing?

Thanks!

Yes, I have seen this behavior for some UI elements, but, I had to switch to wxWidgets 3.1.5 to be able to add support to Dark Mode in aMule, regardless it is not an "officially" supported version in aMule.

PepitoGrilloOSX

• Official OSX Packager
  • Global Moderator
  • Approved Newbie
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2022, 06:30:03 PM »

Thanks!

Yes, I have seen this behavior for some UI elements, but, I had to switch to wxWidgets 3.1.5 to be able to add support to Dark Mode in aMule, regardless it is not an "officially" supported version in aMule.

Anyway, a new aMule 2.3.3 Universal2 binary, compiled over wxWidgets 3.0.5 (not sandboxed) is already available. It will not have Dark Mode support on macOS, but neither will have those small UI glitches.

Actually, for everyone's convinience, the wxWidgets 3.0.5 binary will force by itself the "light mode" for the application (preventing UI problems if macOS is working in Dark Mode by default).

« Last Edit: June 10, 2022, 07:17:30 PM by PepitoGrilloOSX »

muleherder

• Approved Newbie
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2022, 05:40:16 PM »

Thanks! I just tried that one. Alas, it crashes on launch every time (M1 Max processor, MacOS 12.5).
« Last Edit: July 29, 2022, 10:40:52 PM by muleherder »

PepitoGrilloOSX

• Official OSX Packager
  • Global Moderator
  • Approved Newbie
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2022, 06:00:43 PM »

Thanks! I just tried that one. Alas, it crashes on launch every time (M1 Max processor, MacOS 12.5).

Sorry but I am not seeing that on my own Hw (M1, macOS 12.5).

Maybe if more details on the crash are provided, I can help you a bit more.

muleherder

• Approved Newbie
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2022, 07:22:39 PM »

When I run it, I just see the standard MacOS crash dialog "aMule has closed unexpectedly". You can see the crash log here:
https://pastebin.com/8W1pAxTk

I tried to copy it here, but it was longer than the allowed message size.

If I can help troubleshoot this differently, let me know. I don't have the developer tools installed but I can try.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2022, 07:26:56 PM by muleherder »

PepitoGrilloOSX

• Official OSX Packager
  • Global Moderator
  • Approved Newbie
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2022, 10:55:02 PM »

When I run it, I just see the standard MacOS crash dialog "aMule has closed unexpectedly". You can see the crash log here:
https://pastebin.com/8W1pAxTk

I tried to copy it here, but it was longer than the allowed message size.

If I can help troubleshoot this differently, let me know. I don't have the developer tools installed but I can try.

Sorry, but I have never seen or experienced a crash like this. No clue on my side...