aMule Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We're back! (IN POG FORM)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Win32 Binaries - for those who still have to use Win$  (Read 33782 times)

Radek

Win32 Binaries - for those who still have to use Win$
« on: January 18, 2006, 11:15:57 AM »

Hi, all!

When I have the time (which is not necessarily every day), I'll compile the Win32-binaries (amule.exe, amulegui.exe, amulecmd.exe, ed2k.exe) from the daily snapshots and put them on one of my vServers. The binaries in the zip-file are stripped!

You can get them as daily zip via anonymous ftp.

Every compilation will be with wxWidgets, stable branch, at the moment 2.8.x
Some details:
wxWidgets:./configure --prefix=/mingw --without-subdirs --disable-debug --enable-optimise --disable-shared --enable-unicode --enable-largefile
aMule:    ./configure --disable-debug --enable-optimize --enable-amule-gui --enable-amulecmd --enable-monolithic --enable-ed2k

As an alternative I'll put the daily zip on an aMule share of mine. The zips will stay in my share for some time. Naming scheme is "aMule-Win32-SVN-r####-*.zip".
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 07:07:12 PM by Radek »
There are 10 kinds of people - those who are able to understand binary numbers and those who aren't...

Radek

Re: Win32 Binaries - for those who still have to use Win$
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2007, 05:37:31 PM »

Just a little bump - hasn't been updated for so long, that I think no one would see the changes without me bumping it :)
There are 10 kinds of people - those who are able to understand binary numbers and those who aren't...

wuischke

• Developer
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007, 04:48:24 PM »

Thanks for building these packages. Could you please try to generate a backtrace for these crashes?

Radek

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007, 04:39:57 PM »

You're welcome. Building the packages is no big problem while I'm home. A little shell script does most of the work :)

And I will try to get some backtrace, with the next tarball which compiles fine under Win32/MingW...

gulp

• Approved Newbie
    • http://www.gulp.mine.nu
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2007, 06:51:52 PM »

thanx a lot for these builds...
is the only way i know to use amulegui in windows, and amuled(cvs) in debian.... with the official release is always compelling that i've to use a cvs version.

Thanx.

Nil Einne

• Approved Newbie
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2008, 10:04:19 AM »

Thanks greatly for this. I moved to the CVS branch on my FreeBSD system a long while ago because I needed to overcome the 4gb file limit. Unfortunately I never was able to compile it on MingW. Can't remember whether I came across this, perhaps it was too outdated at the moment and didn't work (I believe there were complation problems once?) or perhaps I just didn't look up properly. But now I can go back to using Windows GUI and command line with my FreeBSD daemon! I can't be bothered checking what CVS I have but it seems to work fine despite the mismatch.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 10:06:02 AM by Nil Einne »

Radek

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2008, 11:07:59 AM »

You're welcome!

I don't use aMule & Co very often, but I'll try to build those binaries on a more or less regular base. It's grown into a regular habit, I suppose... :)

Unfortunately I don't have much time at the moment but most of the work is done by a batch job on one of my computers, of course. During compilation the system load is quite big, so I can't do that when I have to use that machine for other things. That's the reason the builds will mostly be on weekends.

Cheers,
Radek

blackfede

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2008, 11:10:37 PM »

You are a great! You save my life! Would you to marry me? :P
All troll are idiots and will go in /dev/null

MasterKGB

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2008, 01:49:48 PM »

Maybe someone can help, I downloaded the newes and the oldes one and tried on Vista and WXP+SP2 but after some seconds it crash.

On both Systems.

Is there something missing on my system? Cause on both I couldn't see he open the UPNP Ports.

EDIT: Amule crash after it's connected to ed2k with KAD no Problem but no Connection ;)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 08:12:52 PM by MasterKGB »

Nil Einne

• Approved Newbie
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2008, 02:20:04 AM »

You're welcome!

I don't use aMule & Co very often, but I'll try to build those binaries on a more or less regular base. It's grown into a regular habit, I suppose... :)

Unfortunately I don't have much time at the moment but most of the work is done by a batch job on one of my computers, of course. During compilation the system load is quite big, so I can't do that when I have to use that machine for other things. That's the reason the builds will mostly be on weekends.

Cheers,
Radek

Out of interest (different config) would it be possible for you to compile the daemon (aMuleD) as well? I believe this has to be compiled seperately since you have to disable the monolithic field and IIRC the daemon wasn't compiling properly for Win32 a while back and I have no idea if it's fixed. But if it's not to hard it would be good if you could compile it as well :-) Thanks again in any case

If you're wondering why I would like aMuleD... I'm currently running eMule in Windows XP in VMWare Server (long story). Planning to move to aMule so I can easily access/see what the my Mule is doing from the host PC. Since I(ideally) don't access the VM there's no point having the GUI running. While I guess it doesn't make much difference since whatever you do Windows is running but this is a low memory (512!) PC and also not that fast computer so I want to use as little resources as possible. I probably will eventually move the VM to FreeBSD or Linux and then I'll have no GUI/Windowing client at all but this is a 'proof of concept' so to speak and I prefer to stick with something I know (which yes is Windows) and also a GUI so I can see what's going on if something goes wrong  in my Windows setup

Radek

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2008, 01:21:13 PM »

Hi!

Sorry that my answer took so long, but I don't check the forum very often. It's just some kind of a hobby and I don't invest much time in it.

As far as I know, amuled won't run under WinXP. I never tried it, though, because I don't trust Win$ to be reliable enough for that kind of use.

I think, amuled would need to run as a service to be fully functional and I seem to remember a discussion about that somewhere in the development boards, saying that it would not work. But I can try to compile it, of course, if you still want to try it...

wuischke

• Developer
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2008, 01:45:57 PM »

amuled won't compile, afaik, neither will amuleweb.

Radek

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2008, 03:48:16 PM »

Hi!

Since after the mentioned date, I can't compile the snapshots any longer. With MingW as well as with Debian 4.0 I get the same error message as mentioned in this thread.

I try from time to time if it works again, but no success until now. Since I don't have time at the moment to investigate this further (meaning: experiment with a lot of parameters), I can't produce Win$-binaries at the moment.

Cheers,
Radek

GonoszTopi

• The current man in charge of most things.
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2008, 11:22:56 AM »

Strange. Current SVN compiles flawlessly here under MinGW/MSYS.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 11:25:40 AM by GonoszTopi »
concordia cum veritate

Radek

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2008, 06:26:28 PM »

No idea, why it doesn't work any longer, but after the mentioned date, I can't compile aMule-Snapshots on any of my machines!

With Debian 4 I have the same error in Scanner.l
Code: [Select]
.../Scanner.l:195: error: 'yylex_destroy' was not declared in this scope as with MingW. It occurred on August, 10th 2008 without me making any changes in the development environment (except maybe some security update or other under Debian).

Today I experimented a little with the arguments to configure but to no avail (debug on/off, optimization on/off, and so on)...
I tried with fresh directories, unpacking under Debian and under Win$, ...

I did not try the mentioned patch for Scanner.l! If such a thing is really still necessary, there is something wrong with the sources and/or the configure process!

Update:
For some dependencies I had to use flex 2.3.4 on Debian4. I now installed version 2.5.33 and tried compilation again: same error! I first had to delete Scanner.cpp manually to force flex to regenerate it! After that, compilation went through!

For Debian4 the problem is solved now, as it seems. But still I wonder why it occurred at all?!

Next step: another make in MingW...
I share the same source directory for Debian and Win$. Scanner.cpp was regenerated by my Debian-based compilation. And now I also can compile the Win$-binaries again!

Just amazing!

But ok, I will not think too much about it. Scanner did make trouble some time before, as I remember.

Now I have the problem, that the freshly compiled amuled won't let me connect to it with amuleweb or amulecmd. One problem solved, next problem at the door step :-)

Cheers,
Radek
Pages: [1] 2