aMule Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We're back! (IN POG FORM)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: I'm making a Dutch translation  (Read 82438 times)

stefanero

• Some Support
  • Developer
Re: I'm making a Dutch translation
« Reply #60 on: January 16, 2006, 06:36:04 PM »

wups added
In its default setup, Windows XP on the Internet amounts to a car
parked in a bad part of town, with the doors unlocked, the key in
the ignition and a Post-It note on the dashboard saying, "Please
don't steal this."

Supersnail

« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2006, 10:27:32 PM »

I finally had time to finish the translation of the source_strings from 9 Mar 2006. I also fixed the translation of a tooltip that wasn't correct.

Supersnail

« Reply #62 on: August 28, 2007, 05:04:04 PM »

I've started the Dutch translation of the latest aMule version.

Supersnail

« Reply #63 on: August 31, 2007, 11:24:03 PM »

Attached is the translation for aMule 2.2.0

wuischke

• Developer
« Reply #64 on: September 01, 2007, 11:13:45 AM »

Dank u wel, included in aMule now.

FiscBiker

« Reply #65 on: September 17, 2007, 09:13:55 PM »

I've read through nl.po and found a surprising number of typo's and a lot of comments (old translations?) at the end of the file. I deleted all the comments and changed numerous lines. I had some trouble mixing the ISO-8859-1 from the file with the UTF8 from kbabel, but I believe I fixed everything, so it should all be ISO-8859-1.

The endresult is attached

Supersnail

« Reply #66 on: September 18, 2007, 09:51:15 PM »

I haven't looked at the complete diff, but I only found about 10 typos (the comments (old translations) are added automatically when a translation file is merged with an older version).
In the other lines you've changed you only added some line breaks at a random location (you even changed them in the English text).

FiscBiker

« Reply #67 on: September 19, 2007, 09:03:53 PM »

I haven't looked at the complete diff, but I only found about 10 typos (the comments (old translations) are added automatically when a translation file is merged with an older version).
In the other lines you've changed you only added some line breaks at a random location (you even changed them in the English text).

I'll admit, this is my first time po-editing and numerous might have been an slight exaggeration, some were just translations that others might not have found worthy of translation (directory --> map, redirected --> omgeleid)

But the line-breaks are in the old .po, I removed I a lot of them by hand later using kwrite after using kbabel to walk through the translations. I count seven instances where I indeed removed linebreaks in the English text.

Looking back I do see that I totally screwed up the encoding, so I guess I will have to fix that. Are you guys close to releasing 2.2.0, or can it wait till next week?

wuischke

• Developer
« Reply #68 on: September 19, 2007, 09:49:46 PM »

This can wait till next week, we're using the old version in the meanwhile.

Supersnail

« Reply #69 on: September 20, 2007, 02:41:53 PM »

Quote from: FiscBiker link=topic=899.msg71079#msg71079

I'll admit, this is my first time po-editing and numerous might have been an slight exaggeration, some were just translations that others might not have found worthy of translation (directory --> map, redirected --> omgeleid)

The reason I used 'directory' instead of 'map' has to do with my dislike of the word 'map' (traumatic event in my youth, don't ask ;)), besides 'directory' is a Dutch word according to vandale.nl :)
The word 'redirected' should have been translated, but I don't remember having seen that word. I think that translation was done by the other Dutch translator (about a year ago there were two Dutch translators).
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 02:43:44 PM by Supersnail »

FiscBiker

« Reply #70 on: October 15, 2007, 11:12:33 PM »

OK, so it took a bit longer than a week, but I went through nl.po by hand now. Removed some linebreaks (both in English and in Dutch bits), made a few more changes and doublechecked encoding.

I'm aware of the 'map' vs 'directory' discussion, but wasn't aware 'directory' is in the so called 'groene boekje'.

I have the following now: where the English bit says 'dir' or 'directory' it says the same in Dutch. Where it says 'folder' in English, it says 'map' in Dutch.

I'm building the 20071015 tarball now with my latest nl.po, to check if my linebreak-removal didn't break something else. If nothing funny turns up I'll upload my nl.po tomorrow.

edit:
I merged my file with the latest amule.pot (couldn't find source_string.po). That has some weird line-breaks too, probably something to do with line length. Anyway I took that as a guide for one last check, translated some extra bits and switched the file to utf-8 (it was still in ISO-8859-1). My builds look OK, but a strange symbol might have been left behind somewhere as a result of the switch (I doubt it though).

The result is attached
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 09:23:12 PM by FiscBiker »

wuischke

• Developer
« Reply #71 on: November 01, 2007, 01:40:42 AM »

Thanks, I've commited the translation.

Supersnail

« Reply #72 on: February 28, 2008, 04:11:06 PM »

I've added the plural form header (I hope I've placed it at the right location) and I've changed the translation of a word.

wuischke

• Developer
« Reply #73 on: February 28, 2008, 04:32:39 PM »

Please do not zip the translation, but attach the po file. You'll save me some seconds when testing and committing the translation.
Thank you.

Anyway, thanks a lot for the translation, I've committed it.

yoast

• Approved Newbie
« Reply #74 on: May 31, 2008, 01:43:53 PM »

Since the status on http://www.amule.org/translations/current_status.xml hadn't changed since quite some time, I thought I might contribute towards a completed Dutch translation. I attached the completed nl.po. It might be good to have Supersnail or another Dutch translator take a look at it, since this is my first attempt at something like this.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7