aMule Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We're back! (IN POG FORM)

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: [Debian/Sid] xmule/amule conflict  (Read 20020 times)

thermoman

• Approved Newbie
RE: Same issue here, but can't fix :'-(
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2006, 10:06:56 AM »

Originally posted by Jonathan Métillon
Hi Thermoman,

I'm sorry to resurect such a old post but I'm having the exact same problem as FoGia. As described in Ubuntu Forums I try to remove aMule 2.1.3 after failing to upgrade from offcial 2.1.0. I use Ubuntu 6.06 LTS for x86.

When I try to remove amule-common it says:

Code: [Select]
Removing amule-common ...
dpkg-divert: mismatch on package
  when removing `diversion of /usr/bin/ed2k by amule'
  found `diversion of /usr/bin/ed2k to /usr/bin/ed2k.xmule by amule-utils'
dpkg: error processing amule-common (--remove):
 subprocess post-removal script returned error exit status 2
Errors were encountered while processing:
 amule-common
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Then I tried some the commands you proposed and now it says:

Removing amule-common ...
No diversion `diversion of /usr/bin/ed2k by amule', none removed

So, here is my output of

dpkg-divert --list
dpkg -P xmule amule
apt-cache policy amule

$ dpkg-divert --list
diversion of /usr/share/man/man1/ed2k.1.gz to /usr/share/man/man1/ed2k.xmule.1.gz by amule-utils

$ sudo dpkg -P xmule amule
dpkg - warning: ignoring request to remove xmule which isn't installed.
dpkg - warning: ignoring request to remove amule which isn't installed.

$ apt-cache policy amule
amule:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: 2.1.0-1ubuntu1
  Version table:
     2.1.0-1ubuntu1 0
        500 [URL]http://archive.ubuntu.com[/URL] dapper/universe Packages

Please help !  :baby:

try

dpkg-divert --package amule-utils --remove --rename /usr/share/man/man1/ed2k.1.gz
This should remove the pending, wrong diversion. Then call

dpkg-divert --list|egrep '(ed2k|amule|xmule)'
There should be no output. If this is right, then call

dpkg -P amule xmule amule-utils
apt-get update

Good luck.
Gentoo & Bittorrent User

Jonathan Métillon

• Approved Newbie
    • http://www.jonathanmetillon.com/
Allriiigth!
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2006, 11:34:57 AM »

Thank you Thermoman, that was the answer, you Ru73z!

amuleguy8

RE: Same issue here, but can't fix :'-(
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2006, 10:26:07 PM »

Hi, I'm having the same exact problem as reported by Jonathan M., and I ran the commands in the exact order as indicated by thermoman. However, it didn't seem to fix the problem since the dependency problem is still there and I can't completely remove or re-install aMule, nor any other packages. I'm running Ubuntu Dapper 6.06 i386.

The main thing that's different though is that when I get to the stage in thermoman's steps:
dpkg-divert --package amule-utils --remove --rename /usr/share/man/man1/ed2k.1.gzThe following is now returned the second and subsequent times I try this:
No diversion `diversion of /usr/share/man/man1/ed2k.1.gz by amule-utils', none removedI do get output when issuing:
dpkg-divert --list|egrep '(ed2k|amule|xmule)'which is:
diversion of /usr/bin/ed2k to /usr/bin/ed2k.xmule by amule-utilsAccording to thermoman there should be no output; so, when running:
dpkg -P amule xmule amule-utilsI get:
dpkg - warning: ignoring request to remove amule which isn't installed.
dpkg - warning: ignoring request to remove xmule which isn't installed.
dpkg - warning: ignoring request to remove amule-utils which isn't installed.
... and thus the endless frustrating loop of this mess ensues, making one almost want to go back to Windoze where eMule works. I'm a recent Linux convert and love my new Ubuntu desktop and would hate to have to have to dual-boot into Windoze to use eMule, in addition to maybe having to completely reinstall Ubuntu if I can't fix this problem. Meanwhile, in Synaptic, for the aMule-common entry it says it's slated for removal but it can never be removed, just as the initial poster indicated for his setup.

Please help! Any help would greatly be appreciated, thanks much.

For reference, here's the dump of my dependencies:
diversion of /sbin/depmod to /sbin/depmod.modutils by module-init-tools
diversion of /usr/share/man/man8/depmod.8.gz to /usr/share/man/man8/depmod.modutils.8.gz by module-init-tools
diversion of /usr/share/man/fr/man8/depmod.8.gz to /usr/share/man/fr/man8/depmod.modutils.8.gz by module-init-tools
diversion of /sbin/insmod to /sbin/insmod.modutils by module-init-tools
diversion of /usr/share/man/man8/insmod.8.gz to /usr/share/man/man8/insmod.modutils.8.gz by module-init-tools
diversion of /usr/share/man/fr/man8/insmod.8.gz to /usr/share/man/fr/man8/insmod.modutils.8.gz by module-init-tools
diversion of /sbin/update-modules to /sbin/update-modules.modutils by module-init-tools
diversion of /usr/share/man/man8/update-modules.8.gz to /usr/share/man/man8/update-modules.modutils.8.gz by module-init-tools
diversion of /usr/share/man/fr/man8/update-modules.8.gz to /usr/share/man/fr/man8/update-modules.modutils.8.gz by module-init-tools
diversion of /sbin/modinfo to /sbin/modinfo.modutils by module-init-tools diversion of /usr/share/man/man8/modinfo.8.gz to /usr/share/man/man8/modinfo.modutils.8.gz by module-init-tools
diversion of /usr/share/man/fr/man8/modinfo.8.gz to /usr/share/man/fr/man8/modinfo.modutils.8.gz by module-init-tools
diversion of /sbin/kallsyms to /sbin/kallsyms.modutils by module-init-tools
diversion of /sbin/ksyms to /sbin/ksyms.modutils by module-init-tools
diversion of /sbin/lsmod to /sbin/lsmod.Lmodutils by module-init-tools
diversion of /usr/share/man/man8/lsmod.8.gz to /usr/share/man/man8/lsmod.modutils.8.gz by module-init-tools
diversion of /usr/share/man/fr/man8/lsmod.8.gz to /usr/share/man/fr/man8/lsmod.modutils.8.gz by module-init-tools
diversion of /sbin/modprobe to /sbin/modprobe.Lmodutils by module-init-tools diversion of /usr/share/man/man8/modprobe.8.gz to /usr/share/man/man8/modprobe.modutils.8.gz by module-init-tools
diversion of /usr/share/man/fr/man8/modprobe.8.gz to /usr/share/man/fr/man8/modprobe.modutils.8.gz by module-init-tools
diversion of /sbin/rmmod to /sbin/rmmod.Lmodutils by module-init-tools diversion of /usr/share/man/man8/rmmod.8.gz to /usr/share/man/man8/rmmod.modutils.8.gz by module-init-tools
diversion of /usr/share/man/fr/man8/rmmod.8.gz to /usr/share/man/fr/man8/rmmod.modutils.8.gz by module-init-tools
diversion of /usr/share/man/man5/modules.5.gz to /usr/share/man/man5/modules.modutils.5.gz by module-init-tools
diversion of /usr/share/man/fr/man5/modules.5.gz to /usr/share/man/fr/man5/modules.modutils.5.gz by module-init-tools
diversion of /usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/print to /usr/lib/gimp/2.0/print.orig by gimp-print
diversion of /usr/bin/locate to /usr/bin/locate.notslocate by slocate diversion of /usr/bin/updatedb to /usr/bin/updatedb.notslocate by slocate
diversion of /usr/share/man/man1/locate.1.gz to /usr/share/man/man1/locate.notslocate.1.gz by slocate
diversion of /usr/share/man/man1/updatedb.1.gz to /usr/share/man/man1/updatedb.notslocate.1.gz by slocate
diversion of /etc/cron.daily/find to /etc/cron.daily/find.notslocate by slocate diversion of /usr/lib/libGL.so.1 to /usr/lib/nvidia/libGL.so.1.xlibmesa by nvidia-glx
diversion of /usr/lib/libGL.so.1.2 to /usr/lib/nvidia/libGL.so.1.2.xlibmesa by nvidia-glx diversion of /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.so.1 to /usr/X11R6/lib/nvidia/libGL.so.1.xlibmesa by nvidia-glx
diversion of /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.so.1.2 to /usr/X11R6/lib/nvidia/libGL.so.1.2.xlibmesa by nvidia-glx
diversion of /usr/lib/xorg/modules/libGLcore.so to /usr/lib/nvidia/libGLcore.so.xlibmesa by nvidia-glx
diversion of /usr/lib/xorg/modules/libglx.so to /usr/lib/nvidia/libglx.so.xlibmesa by nvidia-glx
diversion of /usr/bin/ed2k to /usr/bin/ed2k.xmule by amule-utils
... and results of apt-cache policy aMule:
amule:   Installed: (none)
Candidate: 2.1.0-1ubuntu1
Version table:      2.1.0-1ubuntu1 0
500 [URL]http://us.archive.ubuntu.com[/URL] dapper/universe Packages

thermoman

• Approved Newbie
Re: [Debian/Sid] xmule/amule conflict
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2006, 11:59:46 PM »

be creative and substitute your diversion:

dpkg-divert --package amule-utils --remove --rename /usr/bin/ed2k

thermoman
Gentoo & Bittorrent User

amuleguy8

resolved!
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2006, 06:42:19 AM »

Ah, yes, thanks for noticing that thermoman, you're a lifesaver! :] Admittedly I'm a bit new to the Linux desktop world, and didn't notice that bit about the different diversion path/dependency. >>If<< I venture into installing aMule again, I'll definitely tread a bit more carefully. Why the heck don't they just have 2.1.3 available through Synaptic bug-free?

Just FYI to others who read this post, I got no output, and I had to change my last command to accomodate 'amule-common' since that was the culprit package in my situation.

Cheers!  :D

Jonathan Métillon

• Approved Newbie
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2006, 08:03:57 AM »

Thank you for helping again Thermonam :P

Amuleguy8,

I'm wondering why you are trying to force installation of aMule 2.1.3 and why you are not fine with aMule 2.1.0.

I had to try this also but I dropped that idea.

Are you also experiencing bad download rates and Low-ID with your Ubuntu/aMule setup? Do you think updating to the latest aMule is necessary?

I'm still trying to understand but it seems that in fact for me it's my Internet provider that's blocking me.

amuleguy8

2.1.0 vs 2.1.3
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2006, 06:52:22 PM »

Jonathan,

Actually so far with 2.1.0 I've never been able to connect at all, it's just completely dead. When I loaded aMule, I saw the notice for using an older version and "hey, you should upgrade to the latest" so I thought it might fix it. Yet with 2.1.0 I can't even connect to the network so I have no idea how well it performs yet. eMule works flawlessly in Windoze for me via Kad, so I can only deduce it's something to do with ubuntu, which seems to have all of its ports closed by default. I didn't feel like messing with iptables and instead installed Firestarter as a more user-friendly way to punch through ubuntu's ports so I could forward ed2k/kad traffic, but opening the ports via Firestarter didn't seem to fix it either. aMule just does nothing when trying to connect, so I'm at a loss honestly. Bittorrent works fine (minus the ability to connect to DHT but still d/l fine), so I don't know what's wrong with aMule.

Your ubuntu forums post about amule-common getting stuck is what led me to this forum, so thanks for the pointer  :). Thermoman was also a great help too. AFAIK, my problems stem from either aMule itself or the OS. I was hoping it would work in order to make a complete move to Linux.

Good luck and let me know what else you find out.

wuischke

• Developer
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2006, 09:16:56 PM »

Ubuntu shouldn't block any ports - at least it doesn't for me in the default configuration.

Should you need packages for aMule 2.1.3 and Ubuntu Dapper, I'll upload some. Unfortunately did I encounter some problems with my host (well, my host had problems with his servers) and thus my old repo is down.

amuleguy8

« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2006, 05:36:25 AM »

Really? I could be wroing, but I thought I read somewhere that Ubuntu is locked down by default with all ports closed and people said you wouldn't even need a firewall app ... just out of curiousity, after I did a fresh install with no firewall or anything all security tests passed at Shields Up!, indicating I was protected by something in the OS, with the exception of 113 ident... so from that I have to assume it was locked down? ... Anyway, after installing Firestarter though and telling it to forward the usual e/aMule ports, it still didn't work so I don't know why I can't connect... In contrast to Windoze, it seems like a real b1tch to punch through ubuntu to get p2p to work properly.

Appreciate the package offer if they're tested and verified to work on Dapper.

wuischke

• Developer
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2006, 09:40:00 AM »

The ports are opened, but there's no app which is listening at the ports. If there's no one listening, no one could answer. ;)
Your system ignored and refused to reply to repeated Pings.
Install e.g. a ftp or a web-server or even amule and try the same test again. Now you'll get some positive results, because there's someone replying.

aMule 2.1.3 compiled against wxGTK 2.6.3.2
deb http://wuischke.pytalhost.org dapper amule wx vlc

Jonathan Métillon

• Approved Newbie
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2006, 02:16:19 AM »

Hey thanks for your time Wuischke!

I added your repository but Synaptic fails with this error:

W: Failed to fetch [URL]http://wuischke.pytalhost.org/dists/dapper/wx/binary-i386/libwxgtk2.6-0_2.6.3.2-1ubuntu1_i386.deb[/URL]
  302 Found

And amule-common 2.1.3 has been installed but not amule 2.1.3.

wuischke

• Developer
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2006, 09:58:51 AM »

I'm sorry for this problems, seems like I had a problem while uploading the file. There was just half of the file uploaded and therefore it wasn't working. Should be working in 5 minutes.

Jonathan Métillon

• Approved Newbie
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2006, 10:45:38 AM »

Still, when I want to apply the update in Synaptic it says:

Some of the packages could not be retrieved from the server(s).
Do you want to continue, ignoring these packages?

I click Yes but then again...

W: Failed to fetch [URL]http://wuischke.pytalhost.org/dists/dapper/wx/binary-i386/libwxgtk2.6-0_2.6.3.2-1ubuntu1_i386.deb[/URL]
  302 Found

wuischke

• Developer
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2006, 11:33:07 AM »

My fault again...or more gftp's fault...
Anyway, I've some trouble uploading the files and atm no clue what's going wrong.

Edit: Keep on getting Error: Could not write to socket: Broken pipe-messages while uploading certain files, no matter which ftp-client. I'll need another host, pm me if you know a good one or another way to help you.

Jonathan Métillon

• Approved Newbie
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2006, 12:52:41 PM »

Well I don't know a spot where you can upload this but I pm you right now with my email address. Thank you!
Pages: 1 [2] 3