aMule Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We're back! (IN POG FORM)

Author Topic: Nuclear launch detected  (Read 24226 times)

Stu Redman

• Administrator
  • Engines screaming
Nuclear launch detected
« on: July 27, 2010, 09:53:50 PM »

Believe it or not - StarCraft II is out at last. Only 3 years after it was announced (with a looking-almost-done trailer), which was 9 years after the original game. Man, I'm happy it didn't share Duke Nukem's fate.  :-\

I'll be around here a little less as soon as my little parcel from Amazon.uk arrives.  ;D
The image of mother goddess, lying dormant in the eyes of the dead, the sheaf of the corn is broken, end the harvest, throw the dead on the pyre -- Iron Maiden, Isle of Avalon

woutermense

Re: Nuclear launch detected
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 11:58:25 PM »

Awesome. Almost jumped off the stairs when the doorbell rang lol :D

^marcell^

• Developer
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 02:54:46 PM »

I didn't like part one: too hard. The NPC beat me up real bad everytime.

Stu Redman

• Administrator
  • Engines screaming
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2010, 06:20:49 PM »

The NPC beat me up real bad everytime.
Campaign or multiplayer with computer opponent? I agree with the latter, but the campaign was not too hard. (And I don't regard myself as a good player, really.) The Broodwar add-on got difficult in the last few Zerg missions though.
The image of mother goddess, lying dormant in the eyes of the dead, the sheaf of the corn is broken, end the harvest, throw the dead on the pyre -- Iron Maiden, Isle of Avalon

woutermense

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2010, 06:45:35 PM »

I think games should be hard to win. Or at least be challenging on a normal diffuculty. In Starcraft and Broodwar you could only set the game speed, but the difficulty would still be the same. Now at least you can set the game to a low difficulty if you don't get through one of the missions in Starcraft 2.

I consider myself a casual gamer, but playing against 1 AI isn't that hard is it? I remember playing with two of my buddies against 5 AI's and that was a real challenge. Nothing better than winning after half an hour of hopelessly battling the computer with your buddies :D Of course we lost a lot of those games too, but I don't remember them as well hehe ;)

Stu Redman

• Administrator
  • Engines screaming
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2010, 07:44:46 PM »

I think games should be fun to play - that's the idea. I'm quickly getting frustrated when I have to reload 20 times because a stupid jump requires some pixel-precise timing or stuff like that. Or if I have to study a game before I can play it.
They did a good job bringing people into the game with SC1, and I'm sure they do it again. Of course, already having experience with SC1 will surely help with SC2. And being able to set a difficulty level at last will definitely help not to get stuck at some point. Or bored of course. There should be a challenge, you are right with that, but any mission should allow a few little mistakes without leading right into disaster.
Maybe they even got setting up multiplayer matches figured out so that casual players can have fun amongst themselves and not just be cannon fodder for the pro players. I'll check this out too, but I'm mostly longing for the campaign. Oh, and I like it they made a 30 level all-Terran campaign which hopefully allows to go in depth. That was the weakness of SC1 - no Terran missions against fully geared-up Toss or Zerg.

earlene20101

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2011, 04:10:10 PM »

same here, i like this new starcraft2.
[Link to a spam SC2 strategy guide]

Stu Redman

• Administrator
  • Engines screaming
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2011, 09:01:18 PM »

Wow, on-topic spam. But spam it is still. A strategy guide that costs as much as the game.  :P

RRM

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2011, 09:20:13 PM »

Sooner or later they can fix aMule bugs...
Hmmm, how do we know that Stu is not a botty?

Stu Redman

• Administrator
  • Engines screaming
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2011, 09:58:56 PM »

Bots can't delete your posts. I can.  ;)

And doubt it's a bot. Just a guy who googles "Starcraft + Forum" and posts his spam there.

Kry

• Ex-developer
  • Retired admin
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2011, 10:20:37 PM »

I was going to make a joke about Mac users but I'm using a Mac to post this reply, so it would have backfired.

^marcell^

• Developer
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2011, 10:57:47 PM »

The NPC beat me up real bad everytime.
Campaign or multiplayer with computer opponent? ...
Sorry, forgot to answer you. It was a multiplayer game with computer opponent.
I used to play KKND 2 when I was a kid. The multiplayer feature was very good: lots of levels and settings to make your life easier.
Nowadays I only play occasionally and for that the games have to be simple, entertaining and easy to buy in/out.

RRM

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2011, 03:37:29 PM »

Maybe not so much once you found out that you cannot edit your post later...