aMule Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We're back! (IN POG FORM)

Author Topic: Completed column reverts to 0 after crash  (Read 1041 times)

rpatters1

Completed column reverts to 0 after crash
« on: March 03, 2007, 05:28:26 PM »

I installed aMule 2.1.3 for Mac OS (10.4.8) a few days ago. This is the first client for e2dk links I have ever used. Since installing aMule, I have seen 2 Blue Screen of Deaths in 2 days. (The Mac equivalent of BSOD I mean.) Before this I had not seen a BSOD for years. It may matter that I am also running the Bittorrent client Transmission at the same time.

But anyway, the BSOD problem is not why I'm posting. The real problem is that both times after I rebooted, all my Completed counts reverted to zero. I've got ridiculous stats like Transferred = 71MB, Completed = 54kB. Is there anyway to recover my completed counts after a crash?

ken

Re: Completed column reverts to 0 after crash
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2007, 05:09:12 PM »

It depends.  One possible reason is that the data was never written to disk.  With a kernel panic, it's possible that the data that aMule wrote was lost because it was in the OS's disk cache instead of actually written to disk.  In that case, the data is unrecoverable.

Another possibility is that the data was written but aMule's bookkeeping was lost.  So, the data is there but aMule doesn't realize it.  For this, you could try the following:

• Quit aMule
  • Wait at least 10 seconds
  • Issue the following command in Terminal: touch ~/Library/"Application Support"/aMule/Temp/*
  • Start aMule

aMule should then rehash the .part files to determine what parts, if any, have been successfully downloaded.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 05:11:54 PM by ken »