aMule Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We're back! (IN POG FORM)

Author Topic: "Enlightened n00b" trying to get aMule to work with Actiontec 1520 and OS X 10.4  (Read 2178 times)

wiloma

So, before I get the canned response... PortForward instructions are completely unhelpful for the Actiontec modem, as it is assumed I'm using Windows (which I'm not). I am using the Actiontec 1520 as an Ethernet DSL modem with "Non-Windows setup" in RFC1483 Bridged mode (not Routed). DHCP/NAT is used on the LAN side to run multiple LAN devices, if you believe the Actiontec setup menu.

I get the typical message about Low ID, behind a firewall (which I'm not), etc.

I've tried to use Advanced setup (from PortForward instructions) within the modem for port forwarding, but this is repeatedly unsuccessful. IP and DNS are set to Static. Each time when choosing the ports, I cannot enter the correct static IP. The modem simply refuses, giving the message "IP should be in the same subnet!"  Directions from here are unclear. Actually, they're non-existent.

At any rate, since I've no software Firewall on, how do I negotiate the correct NAT to get aMule to work with a High ID, and all its attendant creamy goodness?

Could I get some help that's actually germane? I mean, if it's not too big a deal...

skolnick

• Global Moderator
  • CentOS 6 User

If your Actiontec is using the RFC1483 mode, then it is acting just as a bridge, which means it will not block any incoming request. At least that's what I understand from the instructions given in this page: http://www.getnet.net/support/actiontecbridgedsetup.html so it seems like you have another device blocking the incoming requests.

Regards.

wiloma

If your Actiontec is using the RFC1483 mode, then it is acting just as a bridge, which means it will not block any incoming request. At least that's what I understand from the instructions given in this page: http://www.getnet.net/support/actiontecbridgedsetup.html so it seems like you have another device blocking the incoming requests.

Regards.
This is what I thought as well. However, Azureus has occasional problems connecting correctly, and aMule has *never* yet connected at High ID. My firewall's not on--at least in Network Preferences. I run no anti-virus software. AppleTalk is off. I've been through the usual guides in the forum and the wiki, but nothing seems to apply. I've tapped into the Activity Monitor, and nothing unusual seems to be running. Network Utility tells me little. This is the point where I need something specific to look for, but I'm not sure what that would be.