aMule Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We're back! (IN POG FORM)

Author Topic: On xMule and aMule.  (Read 6335 times)

Kry

• Ex-developer
  • Retired admin
On xMule and aMule.
« on: March 11, 2004, 12:19:47 PM »

I know most of you are tired of the stupid 'mule wars', and so am I,  but I fear we have something to say. Recently some people that talked to xMule developers came to me asking why we were so bad and why we were harming xMule so much. After asking them how was it, this is a sumary of the lies the xMule developers are telling the users that join their channel, afaik:

1) aMule is just a fork of xMule
   aMule forked xMule on version 1.0, 2003-08-25. That makes a lot of months ago, about half the life of lmule time. xMule was created in May 2003, aMule on August 2003, 3 months later .xMule is going to reach the 10ยบ month of its life so aMule forked a very early version of xMule, and so, it's more a lmule fork than a xMule fork. Also, the xMule developers were on that timespan roughtly "HopeSeekr-Un-Thesis" (the self-called 'owner' of the project), me (Kry), Madcat (who is contributing to aMule while he develops ShareDaemon) and malware (who dissapeared and left Un-Thesis alone).
Lastest "xMule sync with fixes" was on Version 1.0.5, 2003-09-15. Afterward, it's all aMule code, except for 2 memleaks on version 1.7.0 (click Here for details on the 1.7.0 fake release), that anyway, were wrong.
On the other hand, xMule took the zlib code for lugdunum new servers from amule, and other patches, like the systray code from Hetfield AND recently, 2 full files that are (c) Angel Vidal (Kry) and (c) aMule Team, but they removed the (c) aMule Team (they're being mailed to get it back asap, because that's against GPL). The files can be seen Here and Here. This files handle the big problem of multiplatform mules, which they claimed to have fixed themselves.

2) aMule is forking their 2.0 release.
   aMule decided the 2.0 release way before xMule announced it, the first Mac version was compiled right after chrismas, way before xMule did it. There are threads to prove it along with irc logs. Once again, is xMule copying the aMule ideas and code and then talking about aMule copying them.

3) Lots of insults against aMule devs, which I think don't need comments.

4) Telling Run/Aleric/Carlo left aMule project to join xMule. Run left amule project WHEN we discovered he was wrking with Un-Thesis already. We made him face the fact, when Un-Theiss was attacking us (changing topick on aMule channels with insults against aMule users ande developers). So WE told him we didn't like him, and he left with some childish comments in a 'I leave, you don't tell me to leave' way. Now they say he left aMule, when it was aMule team who didn't like him.

I don't like posting things against xMule but as I can not post on their forums (I'm moderated) and they are hurting aMule developers and the project itself with their lies, I think we need to clarify it right here and right now.

deltaHF

• Evil Admin
  • Former Developer
  • .. Legends may sleep, but they never die ..
    • http://www.amule.org
Re: On xMule and aMule.
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2004, 01:19:12 AM »

the old xMule is dead imho ..