aMule Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We're back! (IN POG FORM)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Ветка форума на русском  (Read 16806 times)

wuischke

• Developer
Re: Ветка форума на русском
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2008, 09:59:13 AM »

I suggest creating a section for other languages, where Russian and other languages would have a place.

It makes sense to have a section for e.g. Italian or Spanish, because there are many people from these countries and they can support themselves. Heck, even some developers speak their languages.

I mean no offence, but the same can't exactly be said for other languages, like e.g. Finnish, Bulgarian or Russian. What do you think?

Kry

• Ex-developer
  • Retired admin
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2008, 12:22:28 PM »

While it doesn't add that much complexity, the forum administration (whoever is doing that right now, used ot be me) have to monitor all the forum subsections for spam, illegal content and other issues. That's not possible for Russian in this case, and abandoning it with a low post count will only be a honeypot for spammers.

daq

• Approved Newbie
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2008, 06:48:57 AM »

While it doesn't add that much complexity, the forum administration (whoever is doing that right now, used ot be me) have to monitor all the forum subsections for spam, illegal content and other issues. That's not possible for Russian in this case, and abandoning it with a low post count will only be a honeypot for spammers.

You're right, but that's why I volunteered to moderate.

I suggest creating a section for other languages, where Russian and other languages would have a place.

It makes sense to have a section for e.g. Italian or Spanish, because there are many people from these countries and they can support themselves. Heck, even some developers speak their languages.

I mean no offence, but the same can't exactly be said for other languages, like e.g. Finnish, Bulgarian or Russian. What do you think?

This is a good idea, this way people can at least ask questions in their language. The only disadvantage is that if you ever decide to branch a specific language out later, it will be next to impossible to sort through. There is a lot of Cyrillic languages.

AnimAlf

• Home
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2008, 07:32:47 PM »

why don't they begin in the wiki?
Pages: 1 [2]