aMule Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We're back! (IN POG FORM)

Author Topic: German manpages  (Read 4494 times)

^marcell^

• Developer
German manpages
« on: January 29, 2010, 11:58:06 PM »

Now that you guys gave me access to the SVN repository I noticed the following thing while updating the German manpages :

The manpages-de.po from the svn is totally different from the one on the translation statistics page.
So I took that one and translated all the missing things. Afterwards I have committed the update and wanted to make sure that this was correct.
Vollstrecker has made an update of the whole file and the one in the svn was old, is this correct? It seems so, because the Hungarian manpages in the svn (most likely updated by GonoszTopi) are exactly like the one on the statistics page.

I now I should have asked before the commit. I am really sorry.

Vollstrecker

• Administrator
  • Unofficial Debian Packager
    • http://vollstreckernet.de
Re: German manpages
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 02:11:32 AM »

The other way around. I posted them witrh uptodate .po, and as gno did the hungarian translation he saw, that I marked some parts untranslatable like the amulecmd in the sentence "amulecmd is a console app", I thought this would ease the things, as such names aren't beeing translated. But in some langs the don't belong to the beginning of the sentence, so he changed that, and I did'nt update german.po after this. As po4a ignores files that lack too much informations, and the german result wouldn't change because of the update, that was ok so far.

Btw. I'm going to do some bugfixes, as man reports some errors that I want to see fixed before I update it again.

p.s. Could you be so kind and generate the manpages before you commit the changes. A changed .po is no benefit if the changes don't gop to the manpages.
Homefucking is killing prostitution

^marcell^

• Developer
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 08:59:23 AM »

Thank you for the hint. I have done everything up to the point of checking the manpages.
The wiki says I only have to execute "man <translated-page>". But that doesn't seem to work:

Code: [Select]
marcell@marcell-laptop:~/aMule/svn/amule-dev/docs/man$ man amulecmd.de.1
No manual entry for amulecmd.de.1

The files are there though. I have attached one to this post.

Vollstrecker

• Administrator
  • Unofficial Debian Packager
    • http://vollstreckernet.de
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 11:10:29 AM »

Maybe I've been a bit unclear in this point. I you call With your command, your try to check the manpage for the app amulecmd.de.1 that is searched in your manpath. If you've installed the file, man amulecmd should be enough. For testing the local file that is obviously not in your manpath you have to give the full path. In your case "man ./amulecmd.de.1".

For checking them you can use:

LANG=C MANWIDTH=80 man --warnings -E UTF-8 -l manpage-file >/dev/null

but to get rid of these errors, you have to adjust the master. In this case you have to understand the syntax, and have to know what the erronous line should do. And of course, man lies sometimes. For example it complains about an unknown Macro "2TP", but interpretes it as I expect.

If you like to try it, I would be happy to be not the only one that takes care of the docs.
Homefucking is killing prostitution

^marcell^

• Developer
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2010, 07:16:47 PM »

Thanks for the clarification.

It seems that po4a already checked for the errors and maybe that why " LANG=C MANWIDTH=80 man --warnings -E UTF-8 -l ./amuled.de.1 > /dev/null" reports nothing.

However reading through the man pages I found some parts that need better translation. So it will take a few days to sort them out.

^marcell^

• Developer
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2010, 12:07:02 PM »

OK, GonoszTopi fixed a typo and committed the manpage change. I'll have to udpate it later anyway.