aMule Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We're back! (IN POG FORM)

Author Topic: aMule-2.3.1rc2 and wxWidget-2.8.12  (Read 6601 times)

ecforum

aMule-2.3.1rc2 and wxWidget-2.8.12
« on: September 17, 2011, 03:25:34 PM »

Hello,

I have got an error. I don't know where is the problem.
I compile on linux.
I compiled wxWidget from the wxWidget tarball (there are missing file in the wxGTK tarball (include/wx/univ)).

Code: [Select]
Compiling listctrl.cpp
In file included from extern/wxWidgets/listctrl.cpp:1756:0:
/usr/local/wxGTK/include/wx-2.8/wx/univ/renderer.h: In member function 'virtual int MuleExtern::wxDelegateRenderer::DrawHeaderButton(MuleExtern::wxWindow*, MuleExtern::wxDC&, const wxRect&, int, wxHeaderSortIconType, wxHeaderButtonParams*)':
/usr/local/wxGTK/include/wx-2.8/wx/univ/renderer.h:856:85: error: no matching function for call to 'MuleExtern::wxRenderer::DrawHeaderButton(MuleExtern::wxWindow*&, MuleExtern::wxDC&, const wxRect&, int&, wxHeaderSortIconType&, wxHeaderButtonParams*&)'
/usr/local/wxGTK/include/wx-2.8/wx/renderer.h:312:18: note: candidate is: virtual int wxDelegateRendererNative::DrawHeaderButton(wxWindow*, wxDC&, const wxRect&, int, wxHeaderSortIconType, wxHeaderButtonParams*)
/usr/local/wxGTK/include/wx-2.8/wx/univ/renderer.h: In member function 'virtual void MuleExtern::wxDelegateRenderer::DrawTreeItemButton(MuleExtern::wxWindow*, MuleExtern::wxDC&, const wxRect&, int)':
/usr/local/wxGTK/include/wx-2.8/wx/univ/renderer.h:861:62: error: no matching function for call to 'MuleExtern::wxRenderer::DrawTreeItemButton(MuleExtern::wxWindow*&, MuleExtern::wxDC&, const wxRect&, int&)'
/usr/local/wxGTK/include/wx-2.8/wx/renderer.h:331:18: note: candidate is: virtual void wxDelegateRendererNative::DrawTreeItemButton(wxWindow*, wxDC&, const wxRect&, int)
extern/wxWidgets/listctrl.cpp: At global scope:
extern/wxWidgets/listctrl.cpp:1762:6: error: prototype for 'void MuleExtern::wxListHeaderWindow::AdjustDC(MuleExtern::wxDC&)' does not match any in class 'MuleExtern::wxListHeaderWindow'
extern/wxWidgets/listctrl.cpp:416:10: error: candidate is: void MuleExtern::wxListHeaderWindow::AdjustDC(wxDC&)
extern/wxWidgets/listctrl.cpp:2135:1: error: prototype for 'MuleExtern::wxListTextCtrlWrapper::wxListTextCtrlWrapper(MuleExtern::wxListMainWindow*, MuleExtern::wxTextCtrl*, size_t)' does not match any in class 'MuleExtern::wxListTextCtrlWrapper'
extern/wxWidgets/listctrl.cpp:455:1: error: candidates are: MuleExtern::wxListTextCtrlWrapper::wxListTextCtrlWrapper(const MuleExtern::wxListTextCtrlWrapper&)
extern/wxWidgets/listctrl.cpp:458:5: error:                 MuleExtern::wxListTextCtrlWrapper::wxListTextCtrlWrapper(MuleExtern::wxListMainWindow*, wxTextCtrl*, size_t)
extern/wxWidgets/listctrl.cpp:2952:13: error: prototype for 'MuleExtern::wxTextCtrl* MuleExtern::wxListMainWindow::EditLabel(long int, wxClassInfo*)' does not match any in class 'MuleExtern::wxListMainWindow'
extern/wxWidgets/listctrl.cpp:584:17: error: candidate is: wxTextCtrl* MuleExtern::wxListMainWindow::EditLabel(long int, wxClassInfo*)
extern/wxWidgets/listctrl.cpp:3622:6: error: prototype for 'void MuleExtern::wxListMainWindow::DrawImage(int, MuleExtern::wxDC*, int, int)' does not match any in class 'MuleExtern::wxListMainWindow'
extern/wxWidgets/listctrl.cpp:628:10: error: candidate is: void MuleExtern::wxListMainWindow::DrawImage(int, wxDC*, int, int)
extern/wxWidgets/listctrl.cpp:5331:6: error: prototype for 'void MuleExtern::wxGenericListCtrl::OnDrawItem(int, MuleExtern::wxDC*, const wxRect&, const wxRect&, bool)' does not match any in class 'MuleExtern::wxGenericListCtrl'
extern/wxWidgets/listctrl.h:198:18: error: candidate is: virtual void MuleExtern::wxGenericListCtrl::OnDrawItem(int, wxDC*, const wxRect&, const wxRect&, bool)
extern/wxWidgets/listctrl.cpp:5521:13: error: prototype for 'MuleExtern::wxTextCtrl* MuleExtern::wxGenericListCtrl::EditLabel(long int, wxClassInfo*)' does not match any in class 'MuleExtern::wxGenericListCtrl'
extern/wxWidgets/listctrl.h:136:17: error: candidate is: wxTextCtrl* MuleExtern::wxGenericListCtrl::EditLabel(long int, wxClassInfo*)
extern/wxWidgets/listctrl.cpp:5527:13: error: prototype for 'MuleExtern::wxTextCtrl* MuleExtern::wxGenericListCtrl::GetEditControl() const' does not match any in class 'MuleExtern::wxGenericListCtrl'
extern/wxWidgets/listctrl.h:138:17: error: candidate is: wxTextCtrl* MuleExtern::wxGenericListCtrl::GetEditControl() const
extern/wxWidgets/listctrl.cpp:5797:6: error: prototype for 'bool MuleExtern::wxGenericListCtrl::DoPopupMenu(MuleExtern::wxMenu*, int, int)' does not match any in class 'MuleExtern::wxGenericListCtrl'
extern/wxWidgets/listctrl.h:233:18: error: candidate is: virtual bool MuleExtern::wxGenericListCtrl::DoPopupMenu(wxMenu*, int, int)
make[3]: *** [libmuleappgui_a-listctrl.o] Error 1

Do you have an idea ?

Thanks

Stu Redman

• Administrator
  • Engines screaming
Re: aMule-2.3.1rc2 and wxWidget-2.8.12
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 05:46:39 PM »

You probably broke something installing wx. See here for hints how to install it.
The image of mother goddess, lying dormant in the eyes of the dead, the sheaf of the corn is broken, end the harvest, throw the dead on the pyre -- Iron Maiden, Isle of Avalon

ecforum

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 08:53:53 PM »

I did not touch the wxWidget .h files...

I have no problem with aMule-2.3.1-rc1 and wx 2.8.11.

Does anybody compile on linux  with wx 2.8.12 ?

GonoszTopi

• The current man in charge of most things.
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2011, 11:18:06 PM »

Yes. Almost everyone here.
concordia cum veritate

Kry

• Ex-developer
  • Retired admin
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2011, 07:18:13 PM »

... univ?

Kry

• Ex-developer
  • Retired admin
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2011, 08:38:11 PM »

I mean, seriously, NOBODY spotted that?

Stu Redman

• Administrator
  • Engines screaming
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2011, 08:52:05 PM »

Well, you did.
So how did ecforum break his wx? Configure it with --enable-universal ?
The image of mother goddess, lying dormant in the eyes of the dead, the sheaf of the corn is broken, end the harvest, throw the dead on the pyre -- Iron Maiden, Isle of Avalon

ecforum

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2011, 08:52:29 AM »

Hello,

Thanks for the answers.
I did many tries but I did not find what happens. To many tries maybe... I will check again my wx install.

I do not use --enable-universal. Univ is used "automatically".
When I use the wxGTK archive the univ directory is missing and I have to use the wxWidget archive to have these files. I have the first error reported in this post  : http://old.nabble.com/Unable-to-compile-source-code-td8762325.html

I will do some tries again.

Kry

• Ex-developer
  • Retired admin
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2011, 09:06:41 AM »

Which port does it say it's using after configure finishes?

ecforum

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2011, 08:08:13 PM »

Hello,

A new day a new result : all works well today !  :)
And with wxGTK.
I restart all under root login and it works.
I tried under my login with an "su root" after with modified CFLAGS like yesterday ;  but it works too.

I don't know where was my first mistake but after that it seems that wrong things where in a cache... Even after deleting wx* directories. I was compiling other softs at the same time but it is not a problem.

Sorry I can't say what was wrong...  ???

What is sure is that aMule always compiles fine !  ;)

Thanks for your help !

Stu Redman

• Administrator
  • Engines screaming
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2011, 11:06:46 PM »

I downloaded the 2.8 version labled wxX11 from the wxWidget download page.
Which is the wrong one. You need wxGTK, not wxX11.

ecforum

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2011, 07:16:37 PM »

I downloaded the 2.8 version labled wxX11 from the wxWidget download page.
I can't find where I said that...

I have used the good one : look at my first post.
But I already had in the past the problem of missing files (univ directory) in the wxGTK archive. That's why I bookmarked the link on old.nabble.com. And I compiled without problem.

I will be vigilant during the installation of the new wx release to find what I am doing wrong...

Stu Redman

• Administrator
  • Engines screaming
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2011, 08:05:25 PM »

I can't find where I said that...
In the OldNabble post you linked.

Kry

• Ex-developer
  • Retired admin
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2011, 08:26:46 PM »

Never use anything other than the full wxWidgets sources. wxGTK/etc sources are just subsets, and incomplete sometimes.