aMule Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We're back! (IN POG FORM)

Author Topic: Amule on Ubuntu  (Read 2977 times)

joesatriani

Amule on Ubuntu
« on: February 23, 2016, 09:14:28 PM »

I am running a old version of Ubuntu 11.04 with Amule 2.2.6.
Can I update Amule? Can you help me for update?

HKM

• You don't know enough to know that you don't know.
Re: Amule on Ubuntu
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 04:08:44 AM »

Well its very simple in your case. First backup .aMule directory from user where you deploy it from. Then remove old aMule 2.2.6 from the system with package manager. Then install aMule 2.3.1 port package from Ubt's native repository with package manager. Its simple as that unless you mean help you compile it from source and disable GUI support and enable CLI/WEB. Then post back what you need help with and ill walk you step by step.

GonoszTopi

• The current man in charge of most things.
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2016, 03:47:44 PM »

Then remove old aMule 2.2.6 from the system with package manager. Then install aMule 2.3.1 port package from Ubt's native repository with package manager.
Not really. Ubuntu 11.04 has only aMule-2.2.6, so he'll have to compile it from source if he wants to stick with 11.04.
concordia cum veritate

HKM

• You don't know enough to know that you don't know.
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2016, 07:42:34 PM »

I have never used Deb nor its Ubt in my life so I can't say which ver is which and up to date. But I find it very odd they would still have aMule 2.2.6 as native thats like from half decade ago and no one have posted unofficial port install package when Ubt is most widely used distro out there. Its not like we talking about Slackware here :O but yes he can compile it if he can't find alt repo.