aMule Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We're back! (IN POG FORM)

Author Topic: 100% files and yet sometimes not completed?  (Read 3351 times)

lumi

• Approved Newbie
100% files and yet sometimes not completed?
« on: August 12, 2016, 06:46:21 PM »

Maybe it is variation on "99% files, why there are not completed" or maybe it is a bug. Anyway, for some time I observe that sometimes I get a file that is 100% downloaded, it is marked with green color in "progress" column, yet it is not moved to "Incoming" directory and its download speed is 0.0 kB/s. If you sort the files by "progress" it is the last file.

However, when you restart amule, such file has still progress 100%, green color in "progress" column, however the speed is not shown, and it is treated as 0% in progress (because sorting files now puts such file among files not even started).

And the file itself is still in Temp, not Incoming.

What happens there, can I as user fix it? More patience? :)

Thank you in advance for help.

HKM

• You don't know enough to know that you don't know.
Re: 100% files and yet sometimes not completed?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2016, 08:21:52 PM »

Well I honestly have NEVER seen that happen and I was using aMule for decade+ at the sametime it doesn't mean the problem can't happen as it can. So what version of aMule are you using where this problem occurs? also where is aMule hosted (PC/NAS/ect)? What type of file is this? how big is the file? Normally if the file is big it would normally download all the parts and when complete it would move the file from /Incoming to /Download before hashing the file. Only thing I can see it would take sometime hashing it based on the spec of the device where its hosted on.

lumi

• Approved Newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2016, 08:40:00 PM »

Thank you for the answer, currently I use amule SVN snapshot rev. 10855, it served me well with this exception. I run it on regular PC (linux), I reported this issue when I had around 5GB file at hand (movie, mkv) and if I remember correctly it happened on files bigger than 1GB. The scenario I described does not happen often, but it happens -- say once/twice a month. And so far I didn't spot any pattern, it is not issue with free space, for example when reporting I had over 40 GB free space.

But what you wrote "Normally if the file is big it would normally download all the parts and (*) when complete it would move the file from".  (*) then the file is marked with green color, the progress is displayed as 100% and amule starts to verifying something - it is shown in GUI. So maybe in my case such file is not verified?

GonoszTopi

• The current man in charge of most things.
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2016, 11:57:11 PM »

Please be sure to check also the "Time Remaining" and "Status" columns too. The former also shows the amount of data to be downloaded yet (if it's only a few kilobytes from a multiple GB file, then it really rounds up to 100%). The latter shows what aMule is currently doing with the file (Waiting, Downloading, Completing, ...).
concordia cum veritate