aMule Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We're back! (IN POG FORM)

Author Topic: Kad errors and queue behaviour  (Read 2210 times)

Fester Bestertester

• Approved Newbie
Kad errors and queue behaviour
« on: September 15, 2016, 09:59:47 AM »

aMule SVN, as provided by repository in my Kubuntu 16.04 amd64, falls over after time online with Kad enabled.

Error notifications:
../../src/kademlia/net/KademliaUDPListener.cpp(527): assert "contactVersion >= 2" failed in Process2HelloRequest().
and
../../src/kademlia/net/KademliaUDPListener.cpp(158): assert "Assert failure" failed in SendMyDetails().

If I get to these notifications soon enough (by constant attention, "sitting on it"), I can dismiss them with "Continue" and the program will keep going. If I leave the chair for more than enough time to boil the kettle for a cuppa (like tonight watching the News, an hour, on TV), having then hit "Continue" the program falls over.
This is a gross annoyance, as there are files I've been seeking for a long time and have found only one source with all of these complete, and that only locatable by Kademlia.

Is this a known problem? or is my system (or configuration) at fault? My connection is Fibre, and High ID.

I've found a further (feature?). Unilaterally setting this source as a (the?) Friend Slot allows me to reasonably quickly rise to the head of the (300-plus) queue. Not doing so, the queue will build ahead of me. This source is an eMule 0.50a (default nickname but High ID).

Hope this is enough info for a reasonable diagnosis.

GonoszTopi

• The current man in charge of most things.
  • Administrator
Re: Kad errors and queue behaviour
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 06:29:42 PM »

It's a known problem of the Ubuntu 16.04 binaries. The bug has been fixed half a year ago but the fix hasn't yet propagated to the Ubuntu binaries.
concordia cum veritate