aMule Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We're back! (IN POG FORM)

Author Topic: port forwarding to begin using amule  (Read 10328 times)

alvarorincon2005

• Approved Newbie
port forwarding to begin using amule
« on: February 20, 2017, 01:33:14 AM »

i have just  installed amule and i have low id all the time, i have a wireless router and i suppose i need to do port forwarding on it, please , what do i have to do how is port forwarding?

HKM

• You don't know enough to know that you don't know.
Re: port forwarding to begin using amule
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 07:12:27 AM »

I have no idea what OS you using. But first thing you need to do is open the ports on the OS if it has any built in firewalls like IPTable. Once thats complete then open ports on the wireless router/modem. If you need help state your OS and model of the device.

alvarorincon2005

• Approved Newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 05:37:43 AM »

i am using windows 7, but i have not installed any firewall or iptables on it, the wireless router is a TPLINK TL-wr3440G

NovHak

• Approved Newbie
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2017, 06:50:54 AM »

Hi Alvaro,

Unfortunately, aMule doesn't have UPNP support on Windows (yet ?), otherwise it would likely work transparently on your system. Did you finally manage to forward your ports ?

alvarorincon2005

• Approved Newbie
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2017, 08:45:35 AM »

Hi Alvaro,

Unfortunately, aMule doesn't have UPNP support on Windows (yet ?), otherwise it would likely work transparently on your system. Did you finally manage to forward your ports ?

no, i have not solved the problem yet, i just want to open the ports in the router

NovHak

• Approved Newbie
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2017, 09:23:50 PM »

It's likely that your router has UPnP IGD support. Despite aMule not having UPnP support it's possible to perform UPnP requests manually to establish port redirection. If you don't know much about your router, it may be the simplest thing to do.

Open the Windows file manager and click "Network" in the left panel. If your router has UPnP IGD activated and your network is configured to Private, you should see your router here. Right-click it and choose Properties. Then in the General tab (likely already selected), click Parameters. There you will be able to add/modify/delete port redirections. Note however, that each time the router is rebooted the port redirection will have to be reconfigured manually again.

Of course it would be better to configure the router to forward the ports permanently. I don't know your router but there should be a "Forwarding" or "PAT" section somewhere where you can configure this. If you want to know which ports to forward, you should check your aMule connection preferences. There are 3 ports to forward (at most) :

- Standard TCP Port (always necessary)
- UDP port for server requests (TCP+3)
- Extended UDP port (Kad / global search)

The ports numbers should be next to their descriptions.

alvarorincon2005

• Approved Newbie
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2017, 12:30:00 PM »

It's likely that your router has UPnP IGD support. Despite aMule not having UPnP support it's possible to perform UPnP requests manually to establish port redirection. If you don't know much about your router, it may be the simplest thing to do.

Open the Windows file manager and click "Network" in the left panel. If your router has UPnP IGD activated and your network is configured to Private, you should see your router here. Right-click it and choose Properties. Then in the General tab (likely already selected), click Parameters. There you will be able to add/modify/delete port redirections. Note however, that each time the router is rebooted the port redirection will have to be reconfigured manually again.

Of course it would be better to configure the router to forward the ports permanently. I don't know your router but there should be a "Forwarding" or "PAT" section somewhere where you can configure this. If you want to know which ports to forward, you should check your aMule connection preferences. There are 3 ports to forward (at most) :

- Standard TCP Port (always necessary)
- UDP port for server requests (TCP+3)
- Extended UDP port (Kad / global search)

The ports numbers should be next to their descriptions.

the tab in windows asks for an ip direction what should i put in there?

NovHak

• Approved Newbie
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2017, 06:10:22 PM »

I guess you have a Window like the one attached here, except in another language I suppose. The IP required is your computer's LAN IP. It's likely something beginning with "192.168", or maybe "172.16", "172.17"..."172.31", or "10".

Concerning the port numbers, you should put the port numbers as per aMule's configuration, like I said in my previous post. You should put the same numbers in external port and internal port. Don't forget to put the correct protocol (TCP or UDP) ! The first (and main) port is TCP, others are UDP.

alvarorincon2005

• Approved Newbie
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2017, 03:01:39 AM »

I guess you have a Window like the one attached here, except in another language I suppose. The IP required is your computer's LAN IP. It's likely something beginning with "192.168", or maybe "172.16", "172.17"..."172.31", or "10".

Concerning the port numbers, you should put the port numbers as per aMule's configuration, like I said in my previous post. You should put the same numbers in external port and internal port. Don't forget to put the correct protocol (TCP or UDP) ! The first (and main) port is TCP, others are UDP.

i did all taht and i keep opn having low id and firewalled

NovHak

• Approved Newbie
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2017, 11:11:58 AM »

You should authorise aMule to get incoming connections in the Windows firewall, did you do that ?

alvarorincon2005

• Approved Newbie
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2017, 10:58:23 PM »

You should authorise aMule to get incoming connections in the Windows firewall, did you do that ?

i disabled every thing in the windows firewall at the control panel but it was an act of doing a job without any real knowledge of what i did, may be i did something wrong in there

NovHak

• Approved Newbie
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2017, 04:10:52 PM »

Sorry for the late reply ! I see a potential reason why it doesn't work. Is there only one router between you and your ISP, or is there another one, such as your modem acting as a router ?

Maybe the problem is you disabled everything in the Windows firewall, since (unless the firewall itself is disabled), some things have to be enabled to be authorised...

If nothing else works maybe we can agree on a rendez-vous time so that I can try to access your computer by means of the MS remote assistance, or the Quick Assist feature in case it exists on Win7.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 04:23:15 PM by NovHak »

Sansvingt

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2017, 11:06:10 AM »

Good morning,
I just Buy a new IMAC with merci (Sierra 10.12.6) and get a low ID (it was ok on windows - Numericable, forward ports etc ...).  I cannot activate the button "activate UPnP". Do you know this problem

Thanks

NovHak

• Approved Newbie
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2017, 12:15:13 PM »

Hi Sansvingt,

The problem is likely the same as on Windows : aMule doesn't include UPnP support. You can either forward ports manually, which usually requires administrative access to your router, or use a standalone UPnP client. Maybe your OS has a builtin UPnP client interface (Windows has one)...