aMule Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We're back! (IN POG FORM)

Author Topic: good work!  (Read 4538 times)

alehack

• Approved Newbie
good work!
« on: February 26, 2005, 01:31:19 AM »

Hi
I"ve been running amule-cvs for several days. I´m very impressed by its download speed. It uses much less sockets than rc8!
thanks!
good work!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2005, 01:31:52 AM by alehack »

phoenix

• Evil respawning bird from aMule Dev Team
  • Developer
  • The last shadow you'll ever see
Re: good work!
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2005, 02:48:29 AM »

Thanks alehack! :)

Btw, it was your post about download/upload/max sources config that solved my problem with reseting my ADSL modem and allowed me a smoth internet navigation while running aMule. Thanks for that! ;)

Kry

• Ex-developer
  • Retired admin
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2005, 03:06:55 AM »

Hey alehack, thanks :) People like you is the people that makes this project worth working on it.

dashaund

• Approved Newbie
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2005, 05:46:20 AM »

I agree, nice work guys!  I'm one of those that was having problems getting aMule to run on Mac OSX.  Although I'm not running it on Mac OSX anymore, I still have faith that you guys can fix whatever issues it has.  Since I'm running all Macs now, I had that old PC sitting in the corner, so I threw FC3 on there and it is now my dedicated Linux box running aMule.  I've been toying with it for weeks now, and am VERY impressed by its performance.  I now having aMuleWeb running so I can control it remotely (I can't wait for the remote gui!), and I just setup AMPS with Apache so I can show off my stats to you guys!  This is my first post with the stats, so I hope it works.  It takes my breath away with the amount of work that YOU guys put into this project, and the scale of additional features (like aMuleWeb and AMPS) that aMule now has.  This is WAY better than any commercial project I've ever seen, its open source, and its FREE with NO ADS!  It's like a dream.  Thank you so much!

egaMad

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2005, 10:00:38 AM »

Aye, I must agree.

I've been through dozens of ED2K P2P applications, both Win32 and Linux and I'm very impressed!
My old computer runs on my LAN with WInXP and eMule. I've always had it to use eMule because it was the best one, until I tried aMule. =)

In both eMule and aMule I set the statistics update interval to show the last 7 hours. I have never(!) seen eMule above 40 KB/s, I'm on a 2 Mb connection. With aMule it went after just 4 hours up to a blasting session average of 120 KB/s and still climbing.
Trust me, it's not just a coincident, it really rocks.

Thank you very much and please take care of your brilliant minds. =)

phoenix

• Evil respawning bird from aMule Dev Team
  • Developer
  • The last shadow you'll ever see
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2005, 11:21:25 AM »

egaMad,

Thanks for your comments, it is nice to receive good feedback!

Enjoy aMule! ;)