aMule Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We're back! (IN POG FORM)

Author Topic: 1.0.9 seems to be too much CPU consuming  (Read 4615 times)

jimi

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Karma: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 10
1.0.9 seems to be too much CPU consuming
« on: October 20, 2003, 02:09:19 PM »

Hi,

I've upgraded from 1.0.7 to 1.0.9 on friday, and during the weekend I've noticed that version 1.0.9 is consuming too much cpu (I'm sure 1.0.7 was not).

See below statistics from a 'top' command and notice almost 100% CPU beeing used by amule (actually ranges from 85 - 97%).

2464 jimi     25   0 40728  39m 6076 R 96.4 10.6   1047:13 amule
 2126 root      15   0 59372  25m 1512 S  2.0  6.8  10:03.81 X
 5934 jimi     15   0   896  896  696 R  1.0  0.2   0:00.26 top
 2305 jimi     15   0 23712  23m 3180 S  0.7  6.2   0:17.31 gnome-termin

Is it supposed to be like this? What am I doing wrong?

My machine spec is not the best, neither the worst one (a medium level, I suppose, Athlon T-Bird 900MHz with 384Mb PC133), and it was running fine on previous version I tested. Should I downgrade version and check if the problem is solved?

Thanks a lot for your support ;-)
Logged

Guest

  • Guest
Re: 1.0.9 seems to be too much CPU consuming
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2003, 02:53:00 PM »

3,3% on my athlon 2000
Logged

Eru

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Karma: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 33
Re: 1.0.9 seems to be too much CPU consuming
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2003, 05:29:52 PM »

1.0.8 takes 18% on my P-III 600 MHz
Logged

jimi

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Karma: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 10
Hi thanks for your answer, but ???
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2003, 05:33:12 PM »

Hi ilmalcom,

Thanks for your answer, but I still have the problem and your input did not suggest too much on that, only that the problem may be in MY client (or machine settings)   :cry:  Should I upgrade to athlon 2000?

What may be my problem? Any suggestion? Is it related to the number of shared files? (but I have the same number of files since 1.0.7 and it did not use too much CPU). Or maybe the connection setings ?

Somebody help me  :roll:
Logged

Guest

  • Guest
Re: 1.0.9 seems to be too much CPU consuming
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2003, 09:04:30 PM »

I know xMule had problems with SuSE. Do you use that?
Logged

Fox

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Karma: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 39
Re: 1.0.9 seems to be too much CPU consuming
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2003, 09:25:40 PM »

Hmmm, i use SuSE 8.2 and i had no probs with xMule.

Compile your wxLIB yourself and everything is fine!

And i had no probs with aMule (and SuSE)!

aMule is great! :)
Logged
ciao Fox

deltaHF

  • Evil Admin
  • Former Developer
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Karma: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3923
  • .. Legends may sleep, but they never die ..
    • http://www.amule.org
Re: 1.0.9 seems to be too much CPU consuming
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2003, 09:39:48 PM »

jimi, what CPU do you have - amd or pentium?

its known, that every *Mule client has probs with amd cpu's.. or amd cpu's with every *Mule client (no matter win or linux) ;)

try to set your stats uptade higher (preferences) > 7 sec

greets
delta

jimi

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Karma: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 10
thanks again ....
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2003, 08:42:11 PM »

Hi delta,

I'm running Suse Linux 8.2 on an AMD (athlon T-Bird) CPU. As I said before, I didn'nt have this kind of problem with the previous version I tried (which was 1.0.7), but...

I'll be setting stats update prefs and see if it gets better. Any news, I'll post here ;-)

Thanks a lot for your support!
Greetings from Rio!
Logged

Guest

  • Guest
Re: 1.0.9 seems to be too much CPU consuming
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2003, 11:41:10 PM »

I have the same cpu problem after 24 hours
it's a progressive use and after 2 days amule crash
i'm using 1.08 + slackware
Logged

Guest

  • Guest
Re: 1.0.9 seems to be too much CPU consuming
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2003, 06:00:25 PM »

Compile wxgtk against gtk1 and not gtk2.
Logged