aMule Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We're back! (IN POG FORM)

Author Topic: amuled hogs CPU  (Read 3170 times)

zuba

amuled hogs CPU
« on: May 30, 2005, 07:32:48 PM »

Hi,

After running amuled 2.0.1 on my server for some time (1-2 hrs) it always starts to consume lots of CPU resources. Right now I can see 8 instances of amuled each claiming 25-30% in top. Tried to kill and restart them under nice -n 5 but that won't help. The actual dl/ul speeds are rather modest (5 Kb/sec) and the number of connections is not very high (about 60) so what can cause this behaviour? aMule GUI does not have this problem, it never reaches above 5-6% CPU load here.

zuba

Re: amuled hogs CPU
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2005, 11:31:22 PM »

Okay, did some research and this looks like the infamous amuled networking code bug. I've been running regular GUI amule via Xvfb on the same server for some time now and it does not try to grab all of my CPU so it is amuled specific bug.

wardevil

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2005, 11:58:17 PM »

You should try compiling a cvs version ....since yesterday that have been changes in amuled,lfroen as been reworking the amuled network code.....

Cheers....
Linux user nÂș289016 at Linux counter

zuba

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2005, 03:21:23 AM »

Got today's snapshot tarball and going to try to build from it tight now. Any suggestions on a most stable recent snapshot?

lfroen

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2005, 01:18:39 PM »

CPU hog problem must be solved with new network code. If you can compile it yourself, always go for latest snapshot. This way you will not run into already know and/or solved problems. :)