aMule Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We're back! (IN POG FORM)

Author Topic: amule column problem  (Read 3105 times)

slippifishi

amule column problem
« on: August 24, 2005, 02:17:44 PM »

hi,

apologies if this has been solved elsewhere - i had a look around but couldn't find anything, so here goes...

i'm relatively new to linux, and having come from an xp box using emule, i was more than happy to find amule, something which looks, works, sounds and even smells (!) like emule. i have a rather simple problem, but one which i cannot work out, I wonder if anyone else has had a similar problem or an idea of what i can do to sort it out...

i downloaded and compiled amule on my machine, and everything seems to be running fine - however - the columns at the top of the main download/upload window - "File Name" "Size" "Speed" "Progress" etc don't behave as i'd expect. When i try to right click on the column headings, in order to hide certain columns (such as "Last Seen Complete"), amule exits without a trace - no error message, just straight back to my suse 9.3 desktop  ;(

granted, this is not a serious problem, and its somethign i can live with, but that "Last Seen Complete" column really gets my goat, and I want rid of it :)

hope this all makes sense, if anyone has any ideas, please let me know...

thedude0001

• evil bugfinder ;)
Re: amule column problem
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2005, 11:58:27 AM »

If you start amule from a console you are likely to get an error message which might be helpful. A full blown backtrace might be even more helpful and isn't that hard to produce, just take a look at http://www.amule.org/wiki/index.php/Backtraces
Das Schlimme auf dieser Welt ist
daß die Dummen so selbstsicher sind
und die Gescheiten so voller Zweifel.

slippifishi

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2005, 12:16:06 PM »

starting amule from the console does indeed give me an error message :

/root/.gtk_qt_engine_rc:62: error: unexpected character `{', expected character `}'

before starting as normal. ive opened up gtk_qt_engine to have a look at line 62, and there doesn't >seem< to be too many curly brackets - line 62 points to the section stock["gtk-color-picker"] - from my programming days i do understand that line 62 is probably nowhere near the actual problem - could it be something to do with my currently installed kde theme?

thanks for your help - i havent the time to try that backtrace malarkey at the minute, but i'll try and give it a blast either this evening or over the weekend.

slippifishi

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2005, 12:19:18 PM »

sweet - i got it sorted.

i examined that qt_engine file thingy, and decided there were a few missing commas, both on that colour picker line and further down the file too - i added the missing commas, and "tada", success, i can now show & hide columns as i please :D