aMule Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We're back! (IN POG FORM)

Author Topic: [2.0.3 on freebsd] damaged images with  (Read 1821 times)

tuckstomache

[2.0.3 on freebsd] damaged images with
« on: October 17, 2005, 02:47:53 PM »

i searched the amule forum but can't find a solution for my problem: every third or fourth image i download with amule is damaged with wrong colors or black lines all over the image or only half of the image is visible
i use amule 2.0.3 on freebsd 6.0 rc1

ken

Re: [2.0.3 on freebsd] damaged images with
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2005, 10:43:16 PM »

The most likely explanation is that these are deliberately fake/corrupt images being shared by malicious users of the network.  aMule checks very thoroughly that the data it writes to disk is the same data as that being shared by the original source of the file.  Nothing is 100% foolproof, but it's pretty close.

tuckstomache

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2005, 08:15:39 AM »

if i download the same image with emule on windows the image is not corrupted, there are no fake images, there is only one source for the images and this guy has no corrupted images
i never had that problem with other files

ken

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2005, 04:21:55 AM »

Have you checked the apparently-corrupted images with multiple programs?  Maybe it's a bug with the program you're using to view them.  (I'm assuming by "image" you mean a picture, not a disk image, but the question applies either way.)

Another thing you could try is to perform a checksum on the files as downloaded using eMule and using aMule and compare them.  You can use the "alcc" program (part of the aMule package) to generate the ed2k file hash for the file and see if it matches the hash from the original link (or search result) you used.