aMule Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We're back! (IN POG FORM)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Update  (Read 869929 times)

Kry

• Ex-developer
  • Retired admin
Re: Update
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2006, 07:56:50 PM »

?

amulegui is a remote control app, amuled is a daemon. How can they be the same?

Anyway, amueld's kad works perfectly here, so I'm afraid there's nothing I can fix on that side.

realcruncher

• Approved Newbie
amulegui
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2006, 11:24:25 AM »

Hi Kry,

i didn't mean amulegui but amule with included gui. The "all on one" amule.
This uses wxwidgets sockets and amuled some other mechanism. So if i connect to amuled and it says not connected to kad and i give the command connect kad it won't do anything. Isn't that a bug ?

cenicero

• Approved Newbie
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2006, 11:58:33 AM »

there are yet several bugs in aMule 2.1.3. In Ubuntu it crashes after 20 minutes working, test it in a vmware machine if you can't install this distro. The same happens with 2.1.2 and .1, so 2.1.0 is always the second aMule version most used (aMule > Statistics > Version > aMule). With Dapper you should use 2.1.0, even if you have the last version of wxwidgets... There is something wrong with the GUI.

There are other, and minor bugs (example: Options > directories > text: "Right click to share..." (it should be left click).

I think these bugs should be solved before developing the 2.2.0 (just my opinion) and then add new features (import from another clients, etc).

Kry

• Ex-developer
  • Retired admin
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2006, 02:19:48 PM »

Wait, the fact ubuntu ships a bugged version of their packages is our fault now?

And btw, it's in fact, right click. Read the sentence.

cenicero

• Approved Newbie
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2006, 04:14:14 PM »

Ok, i have updated from 2.1.0 to 2.1.3 and the right click works (not in 2.1.0). I don't know if it is too fault of my old wx, but never mind.

About Ubuntu, you're rigth, sorry. I had tried all the solutions suggested without getting a solution, so i thought it was a bug. Today with libwx2.7 it seems to work.

Congratulations about your work, and just a personal question if you want to answer... are you from Madrid?

Kry

• Ex-developer
  • Retired admin
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2006, 09:02:17 PM »

Nope. Galiza.

Cimmo

• Approved Newbie
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2006, 05:38:53 PM »

Originally posted by Kry
To fix what?
there a lot of annoying bugs, bugs that annoy people but aren't showstoppers, for example:

1) search doesn't remember if I have pressed advanced options, I use it every time, and every time I start amule I have to press it :O
http://www.amule.org/abugs/view.php?id=871
2) transfers window doesn't remember the the order you choose, for example if you expand a download and you order by priority, de-expand and expand again and the order is go away
3) another order bug is that it isn't refreshed if something is changed: for example try to order by % completation and you will see that if a file go ahead another one in % the order gets wrong (no refresh)
4) some windows [transfers, network], sometimes doesn't remember the position of the line that divides the two windows (up and down) and I have to re-move every time amule thinks to move it
5) with amule 2.1.3 and ubuntu 6.10 (wxgtk2 v2.6.3.2.1.5) and mandriva 2007 there are a lot of crash problems related to tabs (don't know if related to ubuntu/mandriva packages):
http://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/amule/+bug/59138
http://qa.mandriva.com/show_bug.cgi?id=23691
http://sourceforge.net/support/tracker.php?aid=1591571
6) sometimes (cannot reproduce everytime) closing one tab results the right-side tabs doesn't go left in the position of the previous closed tab
7) the number of users online and files in the bottom of amule is on two lines instead of one, and it moves left and right every update... resulting in dancing numbers that annoy.

so I think a 2.1.4 would be great, at least with these annoying bugs fixed ;)

thanx anyway for your work!
Cimmo
« Last Edit: November 23, 2006, 04:19:22 PM by Cimmo »

realcruncher

• Approved Newbie
more bugs
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2006, 04:50:20 PM »

besides that amuled ignores the command to connect to kad
the amulecmd client  sometimes displays ridiculous percentages like 324% or even negative values.

Kry

• Ex-developer
  • Retired admin
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2006, 05:09:36 PM »

amuled doens't ignore the connect to kad command.

dmfr

« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2006, 05:23:24 PM »

Hi,
I am new on this forum but I have been a heavy amule user for 2 years at least...

I am quite surprised about users complaining about crashes because I haven't experienced even a single one for many months...
Did you try to setup the last wxWindows & amule from sources ?

To end this for today I would like to thank Kry & all the devs for such a good work ! And of course I am waiting for the obfuscation feature  ;) but honestly downloading still works great without it !

Bye  ;)

bad-times

• Approved Newbie
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2006, 02:57:13 AM »

same here, super-stable.
the only problem i have ever seen is not being able to expand the window from the tray-icon but it was still running and i could still exit from it.
that only happened about 4 times in years btw.

i think most peoples problems are actually caused by WX because i have had hell getting that to work well with other app's.

OldFrog

« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2006, 08:49:15 AM »

To add my point, Cimmo's bug list was related mainly to a bad correlation of wxGtk2.6.3 against new Gtk. wxGtk > 2.7.2 fixes all these (I ran 2.8.0rc1 with daily CVS for 3 days and no trouble for now). The "order memory" ? Ok, fine, but mainly this is "comfort updates", not really bugs.
The only one that annoys me should be the "dancing numbers". And that is on days where I don't know what to do but look at my amule screen.

Come on. Let the dev focus on the obfuscation thingy, other "bvugs" may wait for a while. Remember they do that for a hobby, they are not slaves.
Computer Science is no more about computers than astronomy is about telescopes (Edsger W. Dijkstra)

Cimmo

• Approved Newbie
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2006, 10:38:58 AM »

as soon as updated packages of wx will be available for Edgy I will try, for now there are only for amd64
none has said that they are slaves, I have only listed which bugs for me are annoying... they are bugs, minor bugs, but bugs.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2006, 10:39:40 AM by Cimmo »

vdb

« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2006, 12:09:08 PM »

And to respond to the "amuled ignores connect to Kad", indeed it does not ignore the connect button or command, when you are still connected to Kad or if you disconnected manually.

I think that Realcruncher refers to the situation where Kad is disconnected by the daemon, since in that case it does display "connecting to Kad", but besides that it just doesn't do anything, there simply is no connection to Kad anymore.

Other then that, I have no problems with aMule, it works like a charm.  Keep up the good work!
A waste is a terrible thing to mind.

Kry

• Ex-developer
  • Retired admin
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2006, 06:35:20 PM »

That's because you lose all the contacts due to not receiving UDP packets. Critical point here is, I did never happen to me.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4