aMule Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We're back! (IN POG FORM)

Author Topic: Translate to Turkish  (Read 9193 times)

semgok

Translate to Turkish
« on: October 29, 2006, 02:29:25 PM »

Hi I started  translate to Turkish language for aMule yesterday.I have completed %61.

i hope i will finish between 1 and 2 days.

Gerd78

Re: Translate to Turkish
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2006, 09:14:36 PM »

There is already a Turkish translation, but it's disabled in the code with a comment that it broke the config file.

Maybe you can merge your translation with the existing one and then try to find out what's wrong with the config file.

semgok

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2006, 10:50:42 PM »

so where is config file ? how can i edit it.

if you tell me,i will be happy.

Thanks.

atilla

• This is the man who saves a whole Nation!!
    • Mandriva Türkiye
Re: Translate to Turkish (Nihayet !)
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2007, 12:45:52 AM »

[English]
Okay. Hi to all. I have just finished a translation of aMule -CVS-20070712. After looking for errors and typos i'll post the final work.For now Turkish users can try attached .po file with their lovely aMule. Remember, there are some speech mistakes and a little non translated entries (about 10 entry).Please try it, make suggestions. Best regards...

[Turkce]
Herkese merhaba. aMule' nin türkçe tercümesi tamamlandı. Olabildiğince iyi bir tercüme yapmaya çalıştım. Şimdilik ekteki .po ve .gmo dosyasını deneyerek bana yardımcı olunuz. Öneri ve geri bildirimlerinizi bekliyorum. .gmo uzantılı dosyayı aMule'yi derlemeden kullanmanız için basit bir yol da açıklanmıştır.:

Dağıtımınızn dil ayarlarının bulunduğu klasördeki türkçe dil kısmına amule.mo adıyla kaydederek kullanabilirsiniz. bu durumda aMule dil ayarı olarak "system default" kullanmalıdır. Bu dil ayarları Kubuntu 7.04 sistemim üzerinde "/usr/share/locale/tr/LC_MESSAGES/" dizinidir.Sizinki de buna yakın bir dizin olmalı. Kullandığınız aMule sürümünün olayımıza bir etkisi olacağını zannetmiyorum
Hatırlatmak istediğim bir nokta var; o da tercümenin eksiksiz yapılmış olmasına rağmen özgün amule dil dosyasının, henüz, tümüyle aMule programı tarafından kullanılmadığıdır. Bu, bazı kısımların hala ingilazca görünmesi anlamına geliyor. Saygılar...

***UPDATED*** 14.07.2007
Now full and clean (without errors) translation is ready with aMule -CVS-20070713. Please check this post for updates.

aMule -CVS-20070713 üzerinde tam ve temiz bir aMule tercümesi hazırladım. Güncellemeler için bu iletiyi takip ediniz.

İşim sebebiyle bir ay kadar bilgisayar başında olamayacağım, ama dönünce güncellemelere devam edeceğim. Saygılar...

***UPDATED*** 15.07.2007 re-translated some strings, some words were not pure turkish.(Bazı cümle düşüklükleri giderildi, daha iyi bir türkçe kullanıldı.)
***UPDATED*** 21.07.2007 translated one new string.(I came to my home for weekend.)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2007, 07:49:03 AM by atilla »
Peace at Home, Peace in the World!
                            M.Kemal ATATÜRK

phoenix

• Evil respawning bird from aMule Dev Team
  • Developer
  • The last shadow you'll ever see
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2007, 08:15:02 AM »

Hi atilla,

Just making sure I get it right, we have the file po/tr.po, which is disabled. You want to substitute it for your tr_TR.po, right?

Cheers!

atilla

• Mandriva Türkiye
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2007, 10:42:25 AM »

Hi, i made a brand new translattion as explained on translation how to page. Now, i can use my translated .po file with cvs version of aMule. I don't compile it, yet. Using .gmo file as amule.mo file. I think it is pretty good for already. This weekend i'll try to correct typo mistakes and translate untranslated few lines. And yes, i want to substitute disabled tr.po for my tr_TR.po file. Still i'm waiting for feedback and suggestions.Thanks for the quick reply.

Update: Well, i tried my Tr_TR.po file compiling aMule. It works like a charm, i see that there's no problem with config file.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 11:44:24 AM by atilla »
                            M.Kemal ATATÜRK

phoenix

• Developer
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2007, 10:01:49 PM »

Hi atilla,

Ok, the file tr_TR.po that you posted is already committed to CVS and has been enabled. When you have the newer versions, please post it and it will be included.

Thanks for your support!

atilla

• Mandriva Türkiye
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2007, 02:07:02 AM »

Thanks for quick reply. That is good news.  When i recompiled aMule i saw that the name tr_TR is wrong for my distro. (Kubuntu 7.04) aMule makes the .mo file way in /usr/local/share/locale/ and crates a tr_TR dir. The .po file name should be tr.po. That's my mistake. So i have put tr.po to the updated file.Please update new aMule versions with the new file. And one more thing, because of my job, i must go another city for a month without my pc  :'( . When i come back, i'll update my translations. Thanks for your great work.aMule is really life saver for Linux users.
                            M.Kemal ATATÜRK

phoenix

• Developer
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2007, 06:28:46 AM »

Hi atilla,

Ok, I have changed it back to tr.po, and I will wait for you to come back and update your translations.

Have a nice trip!

atilla

• Mandriva Türkiye
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2007, 08:00:41 AM »

Hi, i have come back for weekend. I have a question about translated strings. I see that, not all strings are shown on amule as translated. They are still in english. I have read some posts about it. When all translated strings will be integrated with aMule? My best regards...
                            M.Kemal ATATÜRK

phoenix

• Developer
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2007, 05:59:11 AM »

Hi atilla, welcome back!

That sure means a bug, those strings are probably not marked as in need of translation. Maybe you could post some screenshots edited in gimp with some red circles to show them.

Cheers!

atilla

• Mandriva Türkiye
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2007, 10:01:35 AM »

Hi again! I have show some bugged strings. I hope it will be fixed. My best regards...

M.Kemal ATATÜRK

phoenix

• Developer
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2007, 01:37:28 AM »

Thanks atilla, I will see what I can do. But there is one thing strange, the Yes/No string in the push button is not controlled by aMule. What is the result of echo $LANG?

I will have a business trip and will only be back by wednesday, only then I will have time to fix the rest.

Cheers!

atilla

• Mandriva Türkiye
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2007, 04:17:45 PM »

The result of echo $LANG command is tr_TR.utf8. I hope that will help
« Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 09:25:18 PM by atilla »
                            M.Kemal ATATÜRK