aMule Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We're back! (IN POG FORM)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Erroneous  (Read 28504 times)

Kry

• Ex-developer
  • Retired admin
Re: Erroneous
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2008, 01:04:00 PM »

Magical filesystem that allocates new partition space when trying to allocate new data and it has no free space?

chemical

« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2008, 02:11:09 PM »

Anyway, I recommend changing the default to Enabled and raise the bar from 10 to 30 MB.

Kry

• Ex-developer
  • Retired admin
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2008, 02:22:09 PM »

That I can agree with.

Stu Redman

• Administrator
  • Engines screaming
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2008, 10:19:27 PM »

Magical filesystem that allocates new partition space when trying to allocate new data and it has no free space?
Magical filesystems don't use partition space - haven't you read Harry Potter, with Hermione cramming all the equipment, the tent and half the Hogwarts library into her little handbag ?  ;D
The image of mother goddess, lying dormant in the eyes of the dead, the sheaf of the corn is broken, end the harvest, throw the dead on the pyre -- Iron Maiden, Isle of Avalon

chemical

« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2008, 09:10:16 PM »

I'm afraid the problem is not fixed.

My setting is now to Enabled/30MB (which is honored) but anyway - 50% of the files downloading while reaching this threshold are "Erroneous" again.

Build SVN Mon Jun 23 07:01:46 CEST 2008

GonoszTopi

• The current man in charge of most things.
  • Administrator
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2008, 12:42:38 PM »

Dunno. Yesterday used up all my disk space (~9MB left, == PARTSIZE), but all of the file went 'Insufficient disk space'. No 'Erroneous'.
concordia cum veritate

chemical

« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2008, 03:03:45 PM »

Am I the only one having a different partition for temp/incoming and home-directory? Hm.. I have no ideas left.

Vollstrecker

• Administrator
  • Unofficial Debian Packager
    • http://vollstreckernet.de
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2008, 03:34:39 PM »

When my Temp/Incoming-Dir runs out of space I get the same State of "Erroneous " with amuled. They are mounted via smb.
This state occurs only for files tatht are downloaded completely and just have to be moved to incoming-dir.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 04:05:03 PM by Vollstrecker »
Homefucking is killing prostitution

Stu Redman

• Administrator
  • Engines screaming
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2008, 10:32:34 PM »

Disc space for the incoming directory is not checked on completion afaik - so that could be it. Chemical, which of your partitions is full - incoming or temp ? Was a download finished that didn't fit in the incoming folder anymore ?
The image of mother goddess, lying dormant in the eyes of the dead, the sheaf of the corn is broken, end the harvest, throw the dead on the pyre -- Iron Maiden, Isle of Avalon

chemical

« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2008, 12:27:32 AM »

Incoming and Temp are on the same partition - the home/config-dir is on a different one.

Stu Redman

• Administrator
  • Engines screaming
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2008, 04:58:50 PM »

I think it's possible to reserve a certain amount of disc space on a file system so that only root can fill this up. This could also cause the problem.
Please su to the user running amuled and see how much you can still write to the partiotion. Also, run a fsck on it.

chemical

« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2008, 09:40:30 PM »

In the output of tune2fs -l /dev/hdg1 in my previous post ( http://forum.amule.org/index.php?topic=14140.msg80708#msg80708 ) you can see that the reserved block count is at 0. This is the case since the disk was formatted (Thu Feb  5 21:22:46 2004) and has worked ever since.

I already did a fsck on "Thu May 15 17:33:47 2008". The problem started to show up on in the build of 2008-01-01, so the fsck did not help.

Based on the facts I have I don't think the problem is on my side, but I'm perhaps one of the rare users that spot a bug introduced in the changed I/O layer (wuischke said there were changes in Dec 2007). Anyway, I'm out of ideas and as this already happens since half a year I got used to it. I would however like to see this fixed tho :-)

Have a nice weekend.

Stu Redman

• Administrator
  • Engines screaming
« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2008, 11:38:49 PM »

Chemical, the change introduced in January simply makes downloads erroneous in the catch block (when I/O errors occur). So much is clear.
What I'd like to find out is why these errors occur in the first place.
Please su to the user running amuled and see how much you can still write to the partition.

chemical

« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2008, 03:21:39 PM »

Chemical, the change introduced in January simply makes downloads erroneous in the catch block (when I/O errors occur). So much is clear.
What I'd like to find out is why these errors occur in the first place.
Please su to the user running amuled and see how much you can still write to the partition.

Ok, I see. However, as my limit was before on 10MB and is now on 30MB - I would say that the amuled can write at least additional 20MB to the partition. The Erroneous-state continued to exist even after raising the limit by 20MB - this, for my understanding, moves the problem from the hardware/filesystem to the core itself.

The user itself should be able to fill up the disk - I will check this the next time it happens. Additionally to that, I'll raise up to 100MB to be sure it is not the filesystem/IO.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 03:25:06 PM by chemical »

PacoBell

• Approved Newbie
  • Professional Lurker ¬_¬
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2009, 04:03:49 AM »

Huh, I've got a few downloads in this state now, too. My temp volume is on an external array connected via eSATA. I had accidentally tripped over the cable and yanked it out of my expresscard (oops!). I'm running OSX 10.5.6 and my volume is journaled HFS+. When I plugged it back in, most downloads and uploads continued normally except the few that were "erroneous". Not sure what kind of logs the devs are interested in, but I'm pretty sure this experience is repeatable (just yank the plug again ;)).
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4