aMule Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We're back! (IN POG FORM)

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: aMule SVN compile for PPC Leopard *This time it works!*  (Read 36645 times)

eisa01

aMule SVN compile for PPC Leopard *This time it works!*
« on: January 08, 2008, 09:51:01 PM »

Here's a new SVN compile for those of you who have PPC macs like me. It's from February 26th, and compiled against wxMac 2.8.7. Works on Leopard, don't know about Tiger.

http://rapidshare.de/files/38695888/aMule.zip.html
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 07:49:41 PM by eisa01 »

kreegee

• http://kreegee.cycovery.com
Re: New aMule SVN compile for PPC macs!
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 03:58:01 AM »

On Tiger:
xxx:~/Desktop/aMule Folder/aMule.app/Contents/MacOS kreegee$ ./amule
dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libpng.3.dylib
  Referenced from: /Users/xxx/Desktop/aMule Folder/aMule.app/Contents/MacOS/amule
  Reason: image not found
Trace/BPT trap

eisa01

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 03:54:37 PM »

Seems like you need to have libpng installed.

Get the sources and compile it yourself: http://www.libpng.org/pub/png/libpng.html

Or get it through MacPorts: http://www.macports.org/

Jose Hidalgo

• Approved Newbie

eisa01

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2008, 08:10:35 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised if the reason it won't work for you is that you are on Panther, and I've compiled it on Leopard. There's 4 years between the release dates of those two OSes.

blackfede

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2008, 08:02:03 PM »

It's simple to include a library needed by amule in the bundle. Simply:
With Terminal move in to the aMule.app/Content/MacOS dir.
Execute the command "otool -L amule" to see wich library are used by the app. Some are the wx, and is already present in the framework dir, and present a path like "@executable_path/../Frameworks/libname", some other are system wide library, present in all mac, like the varius libstd and the libsystem.
For each library you have compiled yourself in order to have aMule run do this procedure, but first notice this thigs:
If you look, for example, for libz.1.dylib, wich is reported by otool, being in /usr/lib/libz.1.dylib, you will notice this is a simbolic link for a file in the same dir called libz.1.2.3.dylib. THIS is the real library.
1 - move the REAL library in the Framework dir, and rename it as the one reported by otool, so in example, otool report /usr/lib/libz.1.dylib, then you must move the /usr/lib/libz.1.2.3.dylib in Framework, and rename it to libz.1.dylib.
2 - execute    install_name_tool -id @executable_path/../Frameworks/$LIBPATH Frameworks/$LIBPATH (of cource change $LIBPATH with the FULL lib path reported by otool)
3 - install_name_tool -change $LIBPATH @executable_path/../Frameworks/$LIBPATH amule
4 - Execute the otool on the library you have imported and fix the dependecies repeating all the stept.

So in exmple, soppose amule depend on libA.1.dylib, you have to locate the real libA, move to Framework dir in aMule.app, execute the step 2 and 3, execute otool -L libA.1.dylib and look for other libs you have compiled in order to build libA. In the 99,9999% of the case there is no dependencies at this level, but check will not hurt!

If i was't so much clear, please refer to the mac_packager script, this is a bash script doing the same things, but restricted to wx libs. If you understand bash script this is more clear than my words!  :P
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 08:05:06 PM by blackfede »
All troll are idiots and will go in /dev/null

eisa01

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2008, 10:10:18 PM »

OK, it didn't include libpng, so I think I've fixed that now. Could anyone check if it works now?

http://rapidshare.de/files/38684307/aMule.zip.html

blackfede

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2008, 10:29:40 PM »

You mean you DID include libpng.  :P
I'm on Tiger, so i can't try it. But looking at otool -L it seems you have do a good yob!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 10:34:24 PM by blackfede »

eisa01

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2008, 12:10:57 AM »

Did a newcompile today, hope it works!

http://rapidshare.de/files/38685518/aMule.zip.html

blackfede

Re: New aMule SVN compile for PPC macs! *Updated 26th Feb*
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2008, 11:05:38 AM »

I tink you should modify the thread title and include your MacOS X version.
Regarding the relase, you do a great job! I can't test it, hope someone like Jose Hidalgo will try as soon as possible!
Could you please post a version of amulegui? I don't knows if in the daily tarball is already committed a little change that the user bongo have submitted.   I forward you to this post:
http://forum.amule.org/index.php?topic=14342.msg76569#msg76569
and the subsequent for istruction on how to do. The procedure is simple, if you have some problem ask and i will help as much as i can!  8)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 11:16:27 AM by blackfede »

eisa01

Re: New aMule SVN compile for PPC Leopard macs! *Updated 26th Feb*
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2008, 11:44:00 AM »

Sorry, I didn't build it with the remote GUI.

TBNTX

• Approved Newbie
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2008, 05:39:47 AM »

Did a newcompile today, hope it works!

http://rapidshare.de/files/38685518/aMule.zip.html

Bummer...

I'm running an iMac G5 with the latest version of Leopard. Sad to report that this build of aMule fails to run. As soon as it is launched, it quits unexpectedly.

According to the Apple Crash Report, libpng wasn't found.

Dyld Error Message:
  Library not loaded: ../Frameworks/libpng.3.1.2.8.dylib
  Referenced from: /Applications/aMule/aMule.app/Contents/MacOS/amule
  Reason: image not found

Would it help to identify the problem if I posted the entire crash log?

Thanks for your effort, in any event!

Best,
TBNTX
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 05:59:28 AM by TBNTX »

eisa01

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2008, 09:19:20 AM »

OK, think I wrote the library name wrong. Try this version: http://rapidshare.de/files/38695888/aMule.zip.html

TBNTX

• Approved Newbie
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2008, 06:41:28 PM »

OK, think I wrote the library name wrong. Try this version: http://rapidshare.de/files/38695888/aMule.zip.html

Okay, this version works when launched. There were some notable bugs I've observed, but they may be unique to me.
  • I use a network drive under the official "Tiger" version. When I launched this SVN build, it didn't recognize the path even though the network volume was mounted on my desktop and it went to the default directories on my startup drive.
  • Once I changed the default "Incoming" and "Temp" directories in the settings. I had to restart (which is normal when you change the Temp directory), but then it had to rehash all of the files.
  • Several files that were in the process of downloading using the "Tiger" release couldn't be updated or finished (permissions issue)
  • There is a display rendering problem if you go to PREFERENCE>EVENTS, and you click on an item in the list (e.g., "Error on Completion")
  • If you select PREFERENCE>DIRECTORIES and expand the "Shared Directories" list, try scrolling down to the "Volumes" directory. In the "Tiger" version, there is an "expose detail" arrow preceding it. It is absent in the SVN build. If I wanted to share a directory on another drive (including a network volume mounted on the desktop), you cannot do so.
  • If you use the SVN version, you cannot go back to the official released builds (at least I wasn't able to do so).

Please don't consider this a list 'o' gripes, Eisa01. I'm just wanted to post my experience so that others who may be considering using your SVN build can make an informed decision. I genuinely appreciate that you've built the SVN version for Leopard users, and you have my gratitude.

Best,
TBNTX

blackfede

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2008, 06:58:06 PM »

I use a network drive under the official "Tiger" version. When I launched this SVN build, it didn't recognize the path even though the network volume was mounted on my desktop and it went to the default directories on my startup drive.
This is not a problem not of amule, but one of Wx, to find your Network Disk, you must go in /Volumes directory.

Once I changed the default "Incoming" and "Temp" directories in the settings. I had to restart (which is normal when you change the Temp directory), but then it had to rehash all of the files.
It's normal. I think...  :P

Several files that were in the process of downloading using the "Tiger" release couldn't be updated or finished (permissions issue)
The propblem of permission is strange... Where did you see that ther's a permission problem? From the log? Can you please post the portion of log? It may be useful for dev.

• There is a display rendering problem if you go to PREFERENCE>EVENTS, and you click on an item in the list (e.g., "Error on Completion")
  • If you select PREFERENCE>DIRECTORIES and expand the "Shared Directories" list, try scrolling down to the "Volumes" directory. In the "Tiger" version, there is an "expose detail" arrow preceding it. It is absent in the SVN build. If I wanted to share a directory on another drive (including a network volume mounted on the desktop), you cannot do so.

For these i will pass! :-[

If you use the SVN version, you cannot go back to the official released builds (at least I wasn't able to do so).
Strange, but quite reasonable, if you think that devs wirite changes to the code every day. Start a new download with an SVN mean yo will use a bunch of new techniques that "Tiger" version doesn't know!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4