aMule Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We're back! (IN POG FORM)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Adunanza in Ubuntu 9.04  (Read 39379 times)

Festor

• Offline -> Studying...
Re: Adunanza in Ubuntu 9.04
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2009, 05:08:55 PM »

You shouldn't have quoted Kry verbatim though. If anybody files a report for aMule using the word retarded chances are pretty high he'll get nothing but a good fuck you as response. I don't think this helps our case. ::)

Oops!  Sorry...  :-[ :-[

Kry

• Ex-developer
  • Retired admin
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2009, 05:54:33 PM »

Yeah, god fucking dammit Festor. I'm pretty much insulting them in that quote. I might be right on doing so, but it's not good manners.

Festor

• Offline -> Studying...
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2009, 09:14:24 PM »

Yeah, god fucking dammit Festor. I'm pretty much insulting them in that quote. I might be right on doing so, but it's not good manners.

:'( :'(

News! -> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/app-install-data-ubuntu/+bug/368580

Quote from: C de-Avillez
marking as triaged, setting to medium priority.

myth

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2009, 09:40:17 PM »

I have a friend here, using eMule Adu...and i saw his statistics...the newer versions do also upload to normal ed2k clients...before they had a leecher behaviour...

How aMule-adu works idk...

...But having them in Ubuntu-repo's is bad...more than bad stupid...because much ppl will install it... (btw. i'm ubuntu user :P )

Stu Redman

• Administrator
  • Engines screaming
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2009, 10:16:15 PM »

the newer versions do also upload to normal ed2k clients
Hard to do if doesn't connect at all.  :P
The image of mother goddess, lying dormant in the eyes of the dead, the sheaf of the corn is broken, end the harvest, throw the dead on the pyre -- Iron Maiden, Isle of Avalon

JohnSmith

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2009, 07:21:32 PM »

Yikes. I'm using aMule under Ubuntu but this is usually self-compiled SVN. Having strange aMule fork by default is strange and disruptive. Ubuntu guys did a quite strange thing. Do not forget to vote on bug by ticking "this bug also affects me" thingie.

P.S. but how about ability to connect lowid to lowid? This is often possible via STUN-like protocol and you already have buddies which can do same trick as STUN server does. So minor protocol change can relax things to a number of users and save them from reinventing wheel.

Inability to connect LowID to LowID caused people to research how to work this around. And ignorance of aMule\eMule dev's caused fork to appear. Now this ignorance backfired and caused a major damage. Don't you think that you should be a bit more responsive to users troubles? For example Lowid to lowid transfers could be implemented easily. So maybe at some day people will not need to reinvent the wheel but can use aMule?

P.P.S. Btw, as for me, I also have ISP with fast LAN which uses private addresses (10.x.x.x range). It would be great if aMule can operate in local network in addition to internet. This probably requires second instance of Kad to start-up and form local-only network with relaxed countermeasures (subnetworks vs contacts limits, etc). There is a number of such networks where ISP runs two nets - internet and intranet and such feature can help users in such networks. Btw some neat ideas including bootstrapping Kad via broadcast in hope someone in our segment responds with bootstrap contacts.

Kry

• Ex-developer
  • Retired admin
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2009, 10:19:16 PM »

And ignorance of aMule\eMule dev's caused fork to appear.
No. You're uninformed and offensive.

Now this ignorance backfired and caused a major damage. Don't you think that you should be a bit more responsive to users troubles?
Eh, this deserves some swearing but I'm in a good mood. Just shut up about things you know nothing about.

For example Lowid to lowid transfers could be implemented easily. So maybe at some day people will not need to reinvent the wheel but can use aMule?
No. You're uninformed and offensive.

P.P.S. Btw, as for me, I also have ISP with fast LAN which uses private addresses (10.x.x.x range). It would be great if aMule can operate in local network in addition to internet. This probably requires second instance of Kad to start-up and form local-only network with relaxed countermeasures (subnetworks vs contacts limits, etc). There is a number of such networks where ISP runs two nets - internet and intranet and such feature can help users in such networks. Btw some neat ideas including bootstrapping Kad via broadcast in hope someone in our segment responds with bootstrap contacts.

LOL. You really need to read quite a bit about Kademlia networks and generally speaking distributed networks, and while you're at it read and understand the eMule and aMule codebases and learn why you're mostly talking nonsense.

Festor

• Offline -> Studying...
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2009, 04:22:44 PM »

And more news!!

Martin Pitt  on 2009-05-26
Changed in app-install-data-ubuntu (Ubuntu):
assignee:    nobody → Michael Vogt (mvo)

Martin Pitt is a member of Ubuntu Main Sponsor (app-install-data-ubuntu is in main).
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 04:24:56 PM by Festor »

Stu Redman

• Administrator
  • Engines screaming
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2009, 11:27:11 PM »

Ahh - it is fixed on Jaunty-proposed:-*

The image of mother goddess, lying dormant in the eyes of the dead, the sheaf of the corn is broken, end the harvest, throw the dead on the pyre -- Iron Maiden, Isle of Avalon
Pages: 1 [2]